Chapter 21

Surf's Up

She was out with Brian for hours. She had so much fun! She got herself up on a board, and was able to catch a small wave.
After a while, she found herself gravitating back to shore. Her and Brian walked upon the wet sand, laughing and Scarlett looked like she was crying, because she was laughing so hard.
Have you ever laughed about something so hard, that after a while, you don't even know why you were laughing so hard anymore, or how it got this bad?
That was Scarlett.
Getting rid of her sea legs was another story. As soon as she was out of the water, she lost her balance and was headed face first into a face plant on the sand, but Brian saw it happening. He could tell before she even knew, and she hadn't even realized he had moved but he was in front of her, on the ground, and catching her. She never even hit the sand.
She landed in the sitting position, and he moved her onto his lap.

For a moment, they looked into each others eyes. Her hands had wrapped around his neck when he caught her, so their faces were intensely close right now.
He looked to her lips, then back to her eyes, as she blushed, and breathed deeply.

"Wow. Scar, that was epic."
Scarlett turned her attention to the beach. Where she found a tanned Crystal and a burnt Liam. Seriously... He looked like a lobster.

"Oh, hey Liam. It's nice to see you." She stood up and dusted off the sand that never even touched her. She just didn't want to look at him yet. She figured Michael was nearby.
"Crystal, Liam... this is Brian. He was showing me how to surf!"
She said with a smile.
"Cool. So, about an hour or so ago, Michael said he was coming down to talk to you. Did he get to talk to you?"
"No. But even if I had seen him, I wouldn't have spoken to him. I don't want to hear anything he has to say."

She looked upset again, and was done with the conversation.

"He misses you, you should know."

As Scarlett began to walk away, she couldn't help but stop. Dead in her tracks. Without turning around, all she could think, was ... he misses me? He MISSES me? HA!

"He should."

Was all she could say.

-------------------
Sorry it's shorter than the other ones. I havent had much time lately for my stories and I wish I could give a specific day that id have chapters out on, but I can't. If you're still reading though, God bless you lol

-Xniera