Chapter 35

Later that evening

Michael sat next to Scarlett. He couldn't help but stare. She was so beautiful, and he didn't even want to imagine himself with any other woman ever again.
As she sat there on the couch beside him, he watched her different facial expressions as they went from surprised, to hilarity. As she sat with her knees scrunched up to her chest, putting popcorn in her mouth he watched her. Feeling lethargic, he coughed to get her attention. As she glanced over in his direction her hair fell lightly from her bun into her face. Before she could get to it, Michael swiftly slid it behind her ears. Grazing her cheek with his fingertips as he brought back his hand.

He coughed again and straightened up so he could speak.

"Michael, are you getting a cold? I could make you some soup?"

His eyes widened. Now she thinks I'm sick. Good job dufus.

"Um, no. I was just wondering if you wanted to go for a walk with me."

She smiled, and he could see that she was blushing. Slightly.

"I'd love to. Let me just go get my shoes!"

She said as she jumped up and fell back down almost right away, landing in his lap.

"Sorry."

She began biting her lip. He hated when she did that. It did all sorts of things to his mind.

"You're fine."

She smiled as he helped her back up, and she left the room.

"I swear that woman needs bubble wrap."

He smiled.

"I don't mind catching her."

He suddenly got a nasty look from Crystal.

"Michael, a word please?"

Michael nodded his head and followed her out of the room and into the hallways.

Shutting the door behind her, she began pointing her finger at him.

"If you're just stringing her along you need to stop. She doesn't need to be hurt by you again."

"I get it. We have an understanding. Crys, everything is fine. Don't worry so much."

"I mean it Michael. I will kick your ass."

"Consider me warned."

He giggled a little as they walked back inside. He had no intention of hurting her. That's why they weren't together.
He knew they both needed to do some things before a future together was possible. If a future was possible.

Did he want a future with Scarlett?

Yes.

Would it happen?

Depends on if he keeps screwing up. She won't keep taking him back, and he knew that. He just needed to bring the screw-ups down to a minimum cause let's face it... he will screw up again. But she could too! You never know and they can't see the future.

Getting back inside, Scarlett walked out of her room with her tennis shoes on and shorts.

"Okie dokie. All ready."

"This way my lady."

Michael said as he bowed and gestured toward the front door.

He didn't have any plans, just wanted to go for a walk.

Getting out to the beach side, they walked out to the sand, and took off their shoes. Setting them by a tree near the hotel.

He watched as Scarlett went and placed her feet in the water. Just a little bit. But just as the moon light hit her face, her eyes sparkled. He wanted to kiss her so badly but thought better about it.

She smiled.

"So, Michael. Where are you guys going after you leave?"

He began walking with her by his side.

"I don't know for sure. I think we are taking a break. We have an album out and this is the end of our tour for the season. Maybe we will kick back up with another one toward the fall. But I'm due for a breather anyways. I kinda just want to sit on my couch and Netflix and chill. You know?"

He looked over to the sand below his feet and placed his hands in his pockets. They continued walking for a while.

"What about you Scar. You going to college soon?"

"That's the plan. I leave shortly after I get back for Julliard. Gotta get the dorms all ready. Crystal and I are sharing one. It's pretty exciting."

Michael stopped walking and grabbed her hand.

"I'm really happy for you Scar. You're following your dreams. I'm proud of you."

As Scarlett blushed, she began thinking about last night with Michael.

She was currently filled with a frenzy of emotions. Almost shaking, but she controlled it. She looked him up and down, as he continued staring into her eyes.

When he suddenly, slowly, placed his hands on her cheeks.

"You're so beautiful. Sometimes it's hard to keep my hands off of you."

Scarlett glanced back down at the sand beneath her, as he kept his hands cupping her cheeks, he pulled her face back up to his. With their lips barely a breath apart, Scarlett closed her eyes, broke the silence, and gracefully stepped back.

"It's getting chilly. Should we go back inside?"

Michael let his hands fall back to his sides.

"Sure. I didn't bring a jacket or I'd offer you one."

As Scarlett giggled, he felt such a sensation, he did feel cold now. But he needed to give her space. They were just friends now. So he held out his arm so he could walk her back.