Chapter 6

Nirvana

The next few mornings, waking up felt so refreshing. She was really enjoying her time away. Beautiful sun rises, mid day swims in the lake, late night star gazing. It was her heaven. She stretched and rolled around a little in her feather bed comforter. It felt just like she was rolling around in feathers but she had plenty of time to relax. She got up and got dressed. She kind of liked that she didn't have to do her hair and make up. It gave her stress and body a break.

She decided to go for a run around the lake. So she got her spandex pants on and running shoes laced up and went outside. Standing on the front porch, she closed her eyes and just basked in the environment around her. It felt amazing there. The warm touch of the sun on her skin... she wished she lived here. Just retire here and grow old. But alone? No. She had A vision. A plan. And it worked for her, and didn't involve a man. Not anytime soon anyways. However her plans didn't keep the thoughts of Michael out of her head. At one point, he played a very important role in her plans.

She shook her head, her dreams fading into the back of her mind. Only the present mattered and right now, all she wanted to do was throw in her ear buds and run to some 'Black Veil Brides' or Asking Alexandria'. Maybe a little 'Killswitch Engage'. "Let's do this!" She took off. She ended up walking or jogging more than running so she could take in all the sights. She ended up far from the lake. She ran up the mountain near the lake so she could really see it all. The view span hundreds of miles. Nothing but tree tops, streams and animals. Some roof tops here and there, just scattered. The nearest store was about 26 miles north from them. She took a big gulp of her water and sat down, so she could enjoy the view longer. She just wanted to sit in silence, so she paused her music.

After about 30 minutes, she decided to get back. The sun came up about 45 minutes ago so she decided it must have been about an hour and a half that she'd been gone. She better get back. There wasn't any service at the top of that mountain and she didn't leave a note for Crystal. Doubting that she would even be up yet. She jogged back to the cabin with music in her ears and a huge smile on her face. "This day is starting out awesome." As she neared the cabin, she slowed down to a walk to cool down.

Walking inside, she noticed all the lights were still off. She went in to check on Crystal and sure enough, she was sound asleep. And when I say sound, I mean she was snoring like a freight train. She laughed. These are the memories she wanted to cherish forever. Not just the snoring. She closed the door and walked around the cabin. These memories. She looked at the pictures on the walls of her and Crystal here at the lake last fourth of July. They had sparklers and wine coolers. It was a blast. She needed copies of these for her own album. Next to those pictures were pictures of Crystal's parents and her and her brother. Older brother. He's already out of college now, and became some big shot attorney. He works in LA and has another office in New York. She wasn't sure if he was one of the good guys yet or not. She had only met the guy twice but he seemed nice enough.

Enough about memory lane. She decided she needed a shower after that run. She was sweaty and icky. So she picked out her clothes for the day. A red and blue flannel button up, blue tank top and Jean shorts with her fluffy Felix the cat slippers. Custom made. Crystal would constantly step on the face of them cause they'd sing the Felix the cat song, so when she had decided she was getting sick of the song she decided to take it out and leave it out so she wasn't completely sick of it. This trip however, she decided to pop that baby in there and let Crystal step on them all she wanted. She was making more memories and that made her happy. She needed some happy in her life.

It was around lunch time after the first week had passed that she finally got her first text from Michael, and she knew he would eventually, but she had hoped he wouldn't. Ok, there was a part of her that really wanted him to but when he did, she wished he hadn't. Not that it was bad, just depressing and she only wanted this trip to be happy.