Chapter 11

Paralyzed

"This hotel is huge!" Scarlett and Crystal said as they walked into the Luxor in Vegas. "I'm so nervous! I gotta go get ready!" As Crystal ran off, Scarlett couldn't help but wonder. "Get ready for what? Crystal? Crystal!" She looked around and saw posters all over of Michael and his band and what looked like thousands of people outside waiting in a line. She walked over to the door and opened it for a second. "Excuse me" She asked the first girl she saw. "But what are you all in line for?"
"Oh my gosh it's SCARLETT!!! We're here for the concert!" One girl shouted. "Only to see the hottest guy EVER!!!! MICHAEL O'CONNOR!!" Michael is playing with his band in Vegas already? What on earth is going on! She thought to herself. "Miss Scarlett! Miss Scarlett! You're not ready!!!" Some annoying little man with a headset came running over to her, pushing her over to a clothing rack. "You're not ready... GET READY!" She had no idea what was going on. "I have to find Michael." And she ran off, down the hallway. Looking for a dressing room. The halls were like a maze. Never going to the place you thought they would, and always with a dead end. "I see it! MICHAEL!" She yelled, just in time for a door in front of her to open and a bunch of people to walk out towards her, clogging the hallway. "Michael!" She was getting further and further from where she wanted to be. She saw another hallway coming up and she moved out of the way and waited for what felt like forever for the people to go by. Turning her head the other direction and closing her eyes tightly she felt scared. Not sure what was going on, but actually fearing for her life in that moment, like she was hiding from zombies or something. When they passed she turned and looked up the hallway. No one was there. She started running, only to find that she was barely running at all. Looking down at her feet, she looked like she was sinking! She couldn't move! "Michael!" She kept yelling. "Michael!" She got down to the ground and started clawing at her feet in the ground. She finally started moving and she jumped up and started running and when she got to his door, she opened it and saw Michael in a room surrounded by people. "Hey Scarlett! Get in line, I missed you!"
"Get in line for what?" She watched as each girl in the room walked up to him and kissed him and then left the room. It was like he was running a kissing booth from his dressing room. "What the heck is going on Michael!"
"Just wait, you're turn is soon!" He said to her. She started shoving people, girls, out of the way and watching them fly in slow motion and crash through the walls as she got up to Michael. He started to kiss her, and she stopped him. "What are you doing Michael?"
"I am just doing my job. I always do this before I go on stage, didn't I tell you? Every one wants me babe, you need to share."
Suddenly, out of the corner of her eye, she saw there was a gym in the next room. She ran in there, able to run again and grabbed a basketball and looked at him. "I'm sorry Michael, but I can't do this anymore." And she threw the basketball at his face.

Waking up in a sweat, she was glad at the end there, when she realized it was a dream. It's a good thing it was a dream too, or she'd have thrown more than a basketball at his face...