Chapter 18

Graduation

"Honey, you're father and I are so proud of you, and we can't wait to see you up there, getting your certificate!" Her mother and father said, while she just stood there, in front of the fireplace, looking out the front window. Wishing, for someone else to be there with her today. "Grandma and Grandpa will be there as well, they have been so excited to see you! But don't worry, I also already told them you'd probably be out late, for the graduation after party the school is holding and they said it's fine, they can see you tomorrow."
"Thanks mom, I am very excited for the summer, and can't wait for college to start! It's a long ways away, but... it's for the best."

She turned and looked at her parents, then hugged then both.

"Thank you guys, so much for everything. A new chapter is starting in my life, and I know it will be great."
She faked a smile, and they all went their separate ways.

Mom and dad had to go to work for a few hours, while Crystal was coming to get her, and they were going to the school to help decorate.

"So, are you excited for Hawaii?"
Crystal brought up, while putting streamers in the gym. Scarlett continued tying ribbons to the balloons, so they could be tied to the chairs.
"Hell ya I'm excited for Hawaii! Bikinis? Beaches? Room service? Duh."
She had her whole itinerary planned out. They both laughed, and continued their jobs.

Soon, it was time to get on the gown, and cap.

"I know you wanted him to come, but... you know he won't be here. Right?"
"Ya, I know. Liam told you he refused to come with him. But atleast you have Liam, I'm really glad you two worked out. He seems really sweet to you."
"He is, he came and brought me so many roses! My parents are holding most of them. And he gave me this!"

She showed Scarlett her wrist, which had a diamond bracelet, on a platinum gold braided chain.
"And he also had this for you."
Scarlett looked down at the box that Crystal handed her. The poor wrapping job, just proved it was from Michael.

"You know I'm not going to open that. Right?"
"I figured you wouldnt, but I just did what I was asked to do. So, you keep ahold of it, til you think the time is right."
"Crys, the time... it... it will never be right."
She said, as she looked down at the box, and sat it down in her purse.

"Alright students, or... rather, no longer students but adults! I'm very proud I was able to help guide you through your way these years. It's been an honor to watch you all grow. Now, let's get this over with. Shall we?"

Everyone shouted in excitement. Scarlett smiled. This was it! This was the new beginning that she wanted. What she needed. Walking behind the other students, she waited for her name to be called, and finally, when it came, she did feel better.

"Scarlett Newton!"
She walked up on That stage. Proud! She shook the hand of the principal, and looked over to the crowd so her mother could take a picture. She saw her mother and father clapping, while her grand mother was crying. Papa was just standing and clapping. He didn't say much these days. Not since he got dementia, but at least today, he knew who she was.

She walked off that stage, ready to party with all her friends.

Tomorrow, is a new day.