Chapter 21: Slumdog Millionaire

Recommended Playlist:

Ursine Vulpine - Wicked Games
Sam Smith - Pray

  Jimin let his body move, flowing along with the haunting beat of Sabrina Claudio's Stand still in the empty room

  Jimin let his body move, flowing along with the haunting beat of Sabrina Claudio's Stand still in the empty room. He stared into his reflection through the large mirror, watching himself dance. And as he did this, he let his mind wonder into places he couldn't understand.

  He let the music carry him, he let go.

  His father, which he later learnt was named Park Ji-Sub, was supposed to take the CEO position in the Park's company, as he was the eldest sibling, but instead, he fell in love with a poor, troublesome, good for nothing girl from the slums of Busan.

  His mother, Lee Hyori.

  She was rebellious, scandalous, and alluring. Maybe that's why she attracted Jimin's father.

  But the thing is, she was only 16, where his father was 25 years old.  Clearly, things didn't look very good on their behalf. After all, she was a minor, bedding the most desired man in South Korea.

  When she turned 17, they ended up having a child, Jimin, and they received shit from the Park's, as well as the public, for associating with a lowlife like Lee Hyori.

  Enraged, Jimin's father decide to run off with his mother, taking the next heir with them, Along the way, they had another child, Jihyun, whom Jimin had named.

  But for some odd fucking reason, they abandoned Jimin and his younger brother on the streets of Busan.

  No note. No letter explaining their reasons. No 'sorries.'

  Nothing.

  And that's what confused Jimin the most. Why did they leave us? Did they even love us?

After that, it's like they just ... disappeared. Like they never even existed. Lee Hyori's family disowned her for bearing Park Ji-Sub a child, and for eloping with him.

The Park's were disappointed in the eldest child, completely cutting ties with him. And ever since then, ever since Jihyun was born, his parents were never heard of again.

  And as for the Jung family? Jimin honestly didn't really know if they were even blood related. Maybe Hoseok's parent got confused, and only recognised their surname because of the controversy that went on when they were children.

  Jimin didn't know, but he was sure that he and Hoseok were not related in any way.

  Nothing made sense, and it fucked with Jimin's head to a point where he doesn't even know who he is, or who he was.