Chapter 8: Moondust

Adrenaline was flowing through Jimin's veins

  Adrenaline was flowing through Jimin's veins. He was performing on a stage bigger than he's ever seen, in front of thousands and thousands of people.

  Of course many people showed up. Yoongi was from here, and it was like the whole of Daegu had come to support their very own 'D Boy.'

  A large smile found it's way as the cheers filled his ears and cries of joy were heard from all directions of the large stadium.

  They had just finished one of Yoongi's songs, and were walking off the stage to prepare for the next one.

  Jimin was nervous as he quickly changed into a different outfit. He felt a soft hand grip his shoulders. "Calm down Jimin." Hoseok.

  "I.. what if they d-don't like it? What if I ruin everything and make a fool of myself?" Jimin was starting to freak out. His hands were trembling as he struggled to button up his silk shirt. Hoseok smiled reassuringly. "You'll be amazing Jimin. Besides, I'll be right there dancing next to you. And Jihyun, Tae and Jungkookie will be backstage to cheer you on."

  "But ... Jin's not here." He says sadly.

  Jin was his best friend. He was always there to support him. Him and Namjoon. Taehyung and Jungkook too. But since Jin wasn't able to make it because of the delays in the flight, Jimin was stumped.

  Hoseok look's at Jimin with an unsure glint in his eyes. "I'm not supposed to tell you this, because he'll probably kill me, but Jin and Namjoon are actually here."

  Jimin's sad look is gone in the blink of an eye. "They're here!?"

  Hoseok chuckles. "Yeah. They're in the front row actually. But, when you see him, pretend to be surprised yeah? I don't want to die tonight." Jimin laughs and nods his head.

  "Yeah sure."

  "2 minutes! Dancers, Park Jimin. Please get ready!"

  Jimin sighs. "Don't worry Jimin." Hoseok pats his shoulder. "You'll be fine."

  Jimin could hear the cheers as he ducked his head to run beneath the stage, Hoseok, Chanyeol, and the rest of the dancers following behind.

  He could clearly hear Yoongi's deep voice that echoed over the speakers as he spoke. "Now, Army, I will not be performing this next song." The crowd breaks out into confused chatters. "But, someone else, someone very dear to me, will be." Jimin blushes, and Hoseok merely rolls his eyes.

  "I wrote this song, many years ago, and was too afraid to release it. But tonight, this will be a special treat for you all!" Yoongi smiles as the crowd erupts into excited cheers. "I hope you enjoy this song and continue to support me and my crew."

  Jimin gets ready and takes his place in a crouching position, the dancers too. "Army, please give a warm welcome to Park Jimin!"

  The music begins to play, and slowly, Jimin raises through the stage. The spotlight is on him, and he can't see anything but a large white spot in the midst of darkness.