Chapter 18: Money trees

Recommended playlist:
Jessie Reyez - Figures

Recommended playlist:Jessie Reyez - Figures

  Jimin didn't know what was going on.

  Yoongi was being threatened into marriage by using Jimin's safety against him, but Jimin didn't care about his safety.

  He didn't care at all.

  "No! You can't!" He exclaimed at Yoongi, his hands desperately wrapped around his sleeve, urging him to stay. "Jimin." Yoongi calmly said. "I'm doing this for you. I... I don't want you to get hurt."

  "But you're going to marry someone else! Don't you think I'm hurt already?" Jimin sobbed, his eyes begging Yoongi not to leave. "Please, don't do this Yoongi."

  Yoongi sighed heavily. "Jimin—"

  "Please Yoongi, please don't marry that stranger. Please don't leave me—"

  "You'll die, Jimin!" Yoongi suddenly bursted out, his eyes beginning to well up with tears as well. His chest felt tight and his eyes burned in pain as he stared back at Jimin with sad eyes. "You'll die," he whispered, "and I'm not gonna let that happen."

And without another word, Yoongi gently released his arm from Jimin's hold and quietly walked to gather his coat, grabbing his keys and standing at the door.

He glanced back at Jimin over his shoulder. "I'm doing this for you Jiminie. Because I love you, so much." He whispered, and Jimin feels the tears slide down his cheeks. "Please, never forget that."

• • •

  "I'll do it."

  Seung-Hyun smirked, blowing out the clouds of smoke of his cigar into the ceiling. He chuckled. "I knew you'd come around."

  Yoongi clenched his jaw in mere anger, eyes thinning into deadly slits as he stared down his father. "Of course I'd come around. Jimin's life and safety is on the line because of you!"

Seung-Hyun chuckled again, circling his desk before plopping down onto the swivelling chair. "Because of me huh?" He mocked, toying with the pen on his desk.

  Yoongi's  eye twitched. "Yes. Because of you. Why should you bring him into this anyways? What's he to you? And don't even think about lying."

  Seung-Hyun's smirk grows, an almost psychotic glint in his eyes. Something Yoongi's never seen before. He's taken aback with shock.

  "Well, it's hard to ignore his beauty, and I will gladly admit that yes, I do occasionally look at him for a little 'too long,' and yes, I do get off on the simple thought of his lips." Seung-Hyun shrugs as if it meant totally nothing.

  Yoongi was about to launch himself onto him and strangle him to death if he didn't stop. Yoongi felt his fingers shake in anger and all he thought about was putting his father 6 feet beneath him.