Chapter 16: Cocoa Channel

"So how's things between you two?" Jieun asked as she eyed them down across the unnecessarily large dinner table

"So how's things between you two?" Jieun asked as she eyed them down across the unnecessarily large dinner table. There were only four of them eating tonight, why did they need such a big table that could practically fit two whole families on it?

  Jimin didn't understand.

  Yoongi's appa still hadn't come down from his office, and it's already been about 20 minutes since they sat at the table, plates of prepared food were made and in front of them.

  It was getting cold, and they had this rule where you had to wait for everyone to be seated before they could begin eating. Jimin didn't mind. The nervousness had made his stomach churn and basically yearn for a toilet.

  Yoongi, however, was totally fed up with his appa. He always did this.

It started when his first wife died; Yoongi's and Taehyung's original adoptive mother. She was everything Yoongi wasn't; warm, kind hearted and always full of energy.

Mr. Min was devastated when she passed. Maybe that's why he's become so cold and distant now. He was never like that. He would always joke around with everyone, or throw a ball around the backyard with Taehyung's and Yoongi.

He was happy back then. But after she passed, his life's been about work. and more work. Not to mention, but all the past 6 wives he's been through, too.

Yoongi used to remember when they were younger, he and Taehyung's would hear him come home late at night with some whore attached to him. He still remembers hearing them moan when they fucked, and he would always hear the arguments too.

It wasn't something meant for an 8 year old to hear, but I guess that's life.

Yoongi hated it. He still hates it. He just wishes his father would find happiness. Or at least a wife that would last more than a year.

  Yoongi hesitates for a moment before placing his glass of wine back onto the table. "Thing's have been a little rough lately, but we're good now and working on each other now."

  Jieun nods her head. "That's good." She mumbles before turning to Jimin with a wide smile. "So, I'm curious to know where you're from? You kind of look half American?"

  Jimin laughs lightly, toying with his fingers. "Ah, no. I'm full blooded Korean. I'm from Busan."

  Well, I think I am.

  Jieun' eyes widen in slight surprise. "Oh? It's just— you have beautiful eyes. Are they hazel?"

  Jimin frowns. "Are they?" He turns to Yoongi for clarification, eyes flashing with confusion. "Thing, are my eyes hazel?"

  Yoongi breaths out a laugh, leaning in to stare in his eyes, and Jimin gulps at how deep he actually stares at him. Yoongi frowns.

  "Actually ... yeah. You have hazel eyes." Yoongi had just realized the thin ring of green around his pupil, fading into a deep brown. Why did I never notice this?