Misadventures of the Host Club

"HARUHI! HURRY UP ALREADY I'M HUNGRY!" I shouted up the stairs to her apartment complex as I leant against the railing, impatiently waiting for her to finish.

A lot had happened in the three weeks since the beach incident. For starters, Kaoru and I are doing better. We hung out the other day at his house when his mom wanted help on her new collection. My mom decided to set aside the new collection for winter; she's trying to fit sustainability in winter garments too. With that in mind, Mrs. Hitachiin is looking ahead to fall and spring. They really are two women ready to take on the world, so as much time as I can admire them and learn from their process, I'll make time.

Secondly, Hikaru and Haruhi are in a weird-ish spot right now, meanwhile Tamaki and Haruhi are getting closer. It hurts seeing Hikaru being neglected, but it is what it is. I'm not a match maker – I could never manage to bring two people together if I can't do it for myself. I would end up making it worse rather than better. Haru doesn't need my meddling on top of her worries.

Speaking of Haru, she nearly got sent to Lobelia? Yeah, I don't know about that. I just finished the week off at home and tried my best to get work done on my designs with Mom's help. I gotta say, though, I had the best time laughing my ass off at the retelling from Kaoru. He and Hunny dramatized it so much I'm not quite sure it was even the same story by the end of it. They mentioned princesses and duchesses, who knows what they were talking about.

"DO SOMETHING USEFUL, CHI, AND COME UP AND HELP ME THEN!"

I winced from the yell resounding from the second story. I rubbed my neck and pretended I didn't hear it as strangers passed by the complex, eyebrows quirked in confusion by the mysterious voice shouting. Waving at them as they passed, my eyes saw something out of my periphery. There were Rolls Royce and Mercedes Benz pulling up in front of the apartment complex. My whole body fell slack at the reality of what just occurred. The Host Club really came to visit Haruhi.

I started shaking my head, making my way to the boys with a frantic look on my face. If I'm weird about people seeing my home, Haruhi is worse.

As soon as I saw a tall blond come out of the car I started speaking. "You idiot! Did you think this through at all? Who let you do this? Where's Kyoya? I can't believe he condoned this!" I started freaking out with my hands twitching in the air around me in confusion.

"I'm right here, Chiyo. And I hope you only meant Tamaki is an idiot. For your own sake," he noted offhandedly.

I furrowed my brows, not bothering to address him behind me. I kept staring at Tamaki waiting for an answer as the rest of the Host Club gathered around us. "Well?"

"Surprise?" His grin was strained as he attempted to cover up his lack of reasoning, or better said, his lack thereof care. Tamaki scratched and rubbed at the back of his neck, whistling and looking away, averting his gaze as best as possible.

I sighed once I realized there really wasn't any use in trying his further. With my hands thrown up I turned around and walked right back to the railing to wait – there was no way I was gonna be caught with them once Haruhi walked down. Despite this, Kaoru still came to lean next to me.

"Are we really impeding on anything important today?" Kaoru asked, allowing himself to smirk after he spoke, knowing what it did to me. "If we are, I'm sure Boss would back off for today. But, it doesn't look like you're doing much today." He glanced down at my state of dress and raised an eyebrow at the loose shorts and t-shirt I chose to wear.

Huffing, I turned away from him. It was then I felt a tug at my elbow, but the real shock was the jolt in my heart. Even in this heat, his hand was warmer still. Screw it, the shock in my heart was even hotter. It was like an inferno let loose in my veins. All because of this bastard twin. I groaned in my head, furrowing my brows harder as my way to forget about it. I turned to Kaoru, who was patiently waiting, albeit smugly.