What Just Happened Here?

"Haruhi!! Come on, school's going to start!" I banged and yelled at the youngest Fujioka through the door, hoping she'd get the hint to move faster. It was eight already and we still had to walk over. Hurried footsteps made their way to the doorway, the door opening to what looked like a little hobo.

Big glasses covering her pretty face.

The messy mop of hair.

Baggy clothes on her small figure.

Silence was all that could be heard till I spoke. "... Haruhi. What. The. Hell! When I left, you were perfectly fine. Now you have these glasses and crap on you? I told you I'd be glad to buy your uniform, but when you rejected the offer I thought you had nice clothes in mind, but... WHAT IS THIS?" The fast-paced screeching was heard in the entire complex and Haruhi quickly dragged me away from there before I made bigger fools out of both of us.

When she deemed us a good distance from her house, she finally let go of my wrist. Not stopping, she explained the predicament she was in.

"You already saw my hair yesterday and all the time before that, Chiyo, so I don't understand you freaking out. The only other thing that changed was that I lost my contacts in the morning. My dad gave me my grandfather's old pair."

I scoffed. "Okay, sure, but your hair found it possible to get worse over the course of ten or so hours – that's a talent."

Haruhi acted as if nothing was wrong with her appearance and it kind of frustrated me, even though I know how she feels about gender differences and appearances in general. I know it's useless to argue with her when she's so apathetic, but it's annoying to have her show up looking like she stepped out of a trash heap when she didn't. She has such a nice face and body, I wish she'd embrace it more. I huffed behind her and threw my bag over a shoulder and ambled on to school, knowing full well she would ignore my pouting.

The pink castle - like structure was within our view now and I started to get more anxious. Haruhi would have a tough time if she let the dumb insults get to her about being an honor student and commoner. I knew she wouldn't, still, no one can blame me for worrying. Despite the distance and differences, she had me. I may be in Class B and in my second year, but that wasn't going to stop me from kicking a few prissy asses.

I took her all the way to her class after we got her schedule. I knew she'd be fine in 1-A at least; I had acquaintances in there, like Kurakano-san, and I knew she'd be nice to Haru. I'd be hard pressed to find someone she wasn't nice to.

Then again, I think I forgot about a few people when I passed into the classroom. There they were: the Twinscest Act of the Host Club, Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachiin. Knowing the two devils, they might just make Haru's life miserable if they chose to be self-proclaimed fashion police. Haruhi already has me if we're talking fashion, I get on her back about her wardrobe daily enough to be called a fashion police, too.

That was when I heard the chiming of the bell and decided it was time leave Haruhi's side for now.

"Hey, Haru, I got to head to class. I'll see you after school, alright?" I didn't wait for her answer as I started down the stairs, taking two at a time. It wasn't exactly easy because I didn't have the longest legs nor the composure to do it without falling repeatedly, but I managed to get to class in one piece.

Now, 2-B isn't an extravagant bunch, yet the majority was still stuck up. Almost every conversation going on revolved around what their parents all told them to do and who to hang out with nowadays. It was obnoxious and disgusting. I get why, although it doesn't make up for the fact that forcing 'friendships' on someone was wrong. The rest of them saw nothing wrong with the interactions and students knowingly went around agreeing to trips or outings to better relations with families, or even worse, better their own status.