A Letter?

"Akarui, the exposition for cultural clubs is today, right?"

I tilted my head to see Sora standing in front of my desk. "Yeah? What's wrong?"

"No one told me," she huffed out. Her eyebrows pushed up against each other in annoyance, a pout on her face.

I giggled at her expression; Sora and I started to get to know each other after our conversation while the twins fought. She's actually a great girl, but, honestly, how'd she not know?

I shifted my bags to the side and laid my head on my hand. "No offense, Sora, but how did this pass you by? This is all everyone's been talking about for a few weeks now. Besides, haven't you seen my desk in the past days?" I gestured to the pile of bags littering my desk, sketchbook and swatches in a separate pile. "These are costumes for the Ouran Drama Club participants," I explained.

"So that's what they were."

"What did you think they could've been?"

She averted her eyes from me and smirked almost unnoticeably. "Who knows? You could be sixteen and like cosplaying. But, hey, I'm not judging. The Host Club does it all the time," she raised her hands in defense and took her seat at my side.

"Sora!" Letting my whining tone be heard, I shook her by the arm and attracted the attention of some of the nearby classmates. Embarrassing her was fun as payback. "Come on, you know I've been working hard. At least say, I don't know, 'good job' or 'that's awesome, Akarui!' Something like that!"

Sora grumbled softly, irritated by the onlookers and detached my flailing body from herself. "Don't you have to go to your club today, Akarui?"

"Huh?" I glanced the the clock in the class and nearly shattered a few eardrums. "I'll see you tomorrow, Sora!" I crammed the sketches and pencils in my bag and ran out the door, lugging the costumes as they dragged across the floor Huffing, I passed by 1-A and paused, contemplating whether or not I should pick Haru up. I remembered the time and figured she'd already be in the club room. Ready to suffer Kyoya and his speeches, I sprinted till I reached Music Room 3.

"This is going to be bad," I whispered, shoulders slumped. I turned the doorknob and didn't acknowledge the hosts in their knight armor, trying the disappear and reappear at my back table with my materials. although, the bulk in my hands may have been a little too conspicuous. Like I had told Sora, all these different school's clubs would be coming by and I had signed up to create costumes for the Drama Club. Let's just say that their insanity rivals the Host Club's, so Tamaki allowed me to work on it during club hours, not that I do much there anyway. Now I just had to get permission to deliver it.

"Having fun, Akarui?"

I jumped from the sudden words, and fear, knowing it was the Cool Type behind me. "Sure, if you want to call it that," I mumbled quickly. After the beach scene, I got more comfortable around Kyoya, finally realizing what kind of person he was at the core. He's not such a bad guy, he just has weird ways of helping people out, I guess. There's just no way he'd let me off the hook, and I was sure of it. "So about me being late, it's all right, isn't it? It was just a few minutes." I ran a hand through my hair, ruffling the curls, definitely adding on to the 'crazed' look I was sporting right now.

Kyoya picked up one of the bags from me and unzipped it, peeking inside. He nodded slightly and said, "If you don't want Haruhi's quota to increase further, I suggest you create outfits for the next event we hold. Tamaki is always on the ball with cosplaying in the club, as you know," he threatened.

'This kid is actually threatening me? Nicely done, Rui. You're going to be miserable this next project.'

Leaning back, I gathered all the sketches and swatches, chuckling uncomfortably. "Th-there're still so many outfits to distribute for the expedition today, though. Speaking of them, actually, I should get going soon. You know how the Drama Club is, always moving!" Just as I was about to run out his hand clasped down and my shoulder, pushing me back down.