A Host?

Four codependent groups were spread out in the Host Club's room, all filled with squealing and fangirls.

I sighed while glancing around the room handing out desserts and drinks thinking, "And they're supposed to be heirs to their families' companies? Give me a break."

The look of exasperation was clear on my face as I finished my rounds. I should be one of them, sitting down and talking to them. I love Haruhi, I do, but couldn't she have waltzed into another club's room? I let out another sigh, simultaneously setting a cup down in front of Kyoya Ootori. He noticed my gloomy face, and knowing how he was, I could tell he enjoyed my misery, too. In the end, he would be the one seeing the difference in the bills and smiling at them.

Hold up.

Does he smile?

Like, smile for real?

I guess I stared at him a little too long and one of his guests shoved me over so that I wouldn't block their view. Stumbling back, I gave her a sharp glare. She froze up and stared down at her folded hands on her lap. I rolled my eyes and went back to the kitchen.

En route to the kitchen, I walked by Haninozuka-senpai's and Morinozuka-senpai's table. Nearly there, I felt a tug on my sleeve that pulled me back. I found the source to be the blond senior holding onto my cuff.

"Chi-chan, why don't you sit with us? We have strawberry and chocolate. I know those're your two favorites!" He gave me that bright smile of his that could end a war. He could end a war two ways, really: with that smile and beating everyone on the battlefield in a minute if he tried.

I returned his grin sadly and pulled back my arm. "Sorry, senpai, I'd love to, but I've got work."

I was held back by one of his customers, Hana-senpai. I got to know her last year, too, among the time I spent with the shota and silent pair in occasional visits to the club. "Naotosuta-chan, how come you're working and not sitting with us?" The other girls hummed in agreement. They peered up at me with inquisitive stares as they sipped their tea.

Well, this is awkward.

"Oh," I started to say, my face heating up "Well, I'm just helping out my friend that's their... Servant, I guess? Funny story. I'll tell you the rest some other day, don't worry." The second I finished I bolted into the back of the club room and leaned back against the slammed shut door leading to the main room, head hitting the wood. One long sigh later and I started to regret not running out of the room with Haruhi less than half an hour ago.

"Wait. What? We're with you guys now?"

As one twin draped their arm over my shoulders, the other spoke for the whole Host Club. "Yup. Now you're going to be our maid. So you've got to wear this!" Then twin that was always on my right - Hikaru? - pulled out a black and white frilly maid dress. Suoh looked horrified and threw the dress aside.

"No lady should wear this! It's indecent! Mommy! The mean boys are forcing Naotosuta-san into wearing indecent clothes! Here! You'll wear this instead!" An oversized sweater was thrown at my head. Irritated, I picked it up and threw it back down to the floor. It had been less than ten minutes and I was being bombarded and my personal space disregarded.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and breathed in deeply. "Look, Suoh, normally I'd wear that sweater, but I'd like to still hold some dignity. Being your maid isn't helping me do that, so I'll just wear my uniform. If you'll excuse me, I have a friend to wake up." I crouched down, and slapped Haruhi once really hard. The slap sounded in the entire room and she finally woke up with a start, moaning in pain and clutching her red cheek.