Such is the Host Club Extraordinaire

Multiple heels clicked against the marble, pristine floor as the students flowed out of class at Ouran Academy, an enormous crowd of yellow dresses walking intently up the staircase toward Music Room 3.

The Ouran Host Club was situated there amidst a flurry of beauty and wealth. Six handsome, incredibly charming young men could be found there weaving their way to almost every female students hearts, and even the teachers themselves were often mystified by the group.

As the high school girls flowed through the doors of the music room, red rose petals fluttered around them all, fragments of the flower resting at their feet, guests drooling over six figures feet away: the legendary Host Club, a club in a category of their own. Gathering the other four members, six of the most attractive, respected, and wealthy male students in the institution created a place where every girl may feel like a princess.

Such is the infamous Host Club, club extraordinaire. This is the very club Chiyo Naotosuta found herself surrounded by.

.

"Welcome!"

I stepped into the room as they welcomed us with bright smiles – the mass of sighs and giggles heard from the girls was undeniably loud. I tried my hardest not to furrow my brows at having to hear it all, remembering why I was here in the first place: to visit Mitsukuni. We were all led to our respective couches and I welcomed the sight of pastries upon pastries nearly toppling over on the display Morinozuka and his cousin had beside them. I smiled as I sat next to eager girls who couldn't stop giggling thinking about how I hadn't come around in a while. Seeing Mitsukuni was a nice blast from the past – I should have come around sooner this year. He's a good acquaintance I made last year by chance, so I never saw any harm in stopping by every once in a while and see how he was doing. Mindless chatter soothed the soul and his sweet disposition was the kind of pickup I needed at the moment.

I giggled along with the others, posturing, posing, pretending to be ladylike just as well as them to play along with the farce I chose to be coming to this school year after year. The worst part was that the uniforms got worse. Despite the minor irritation building up at the back of my mind, I would be in a better mood tomorrow. For now, menial conversation would do. I glanced up at the enthusiastic blond and the stoic giant and smiled softly behind my teacup listening to his latest story of how he woke up his brother late at night with this midnight "snacks".

Mostly everyone had cleared out of school for the day, except for a few stragglers, me being one of them. My dad was late today, something that I'm used to happening; he was a busybody and liked it. As much as I understood his reasoning it was still irksome to be waiting alone out front.

"Maybe I should convince him to let me get my own car," I muttered to myself. "But then I'd have to figure out where to park it." I sighed and leaned even more heavily against the clean stone behind me checking my watch. The minutes kept ticking by and by now a fair bit of annoyance was valid because it was past five and he was still nowhere to be found – I had to start getting dinner ready soon or it would be takeout tonight. I pulled out my phone to dial his number when his name popped up on the screen.

"Dad? Where are you? It's been an hour since the club closed," I asked, annoyance audible in my voice.

"I know, sweetheart, work just has me here late again. Do you think you could walk home today? Please? I'll make it up to you later, I promise," he pleaded. "We can even go ahead and just order out tonight, I don't want to stress you out more tonight; I know you're anxious about tomorrow."

Called it.

I huffed out and leaned against the wall of the school, shifting the hold on my cell to rub my arms, hoping for a little more comfort. "Honestly, what could have you there working so late that you can't come by for a minute or two? It's already past five, Dad. I know that you like staying extra hours because Mom isn't at home, but that doesn't mean you can just go around stranding me. C'mon, take a break today." My voice dropped to a barely heard whisper near the end of my sentence, grip loosening. "I miss company. It's lonely being the only person in the house somedays."