Kicked

you said you wouldn't but you fucking did

(Kellin's POV)

I look into my locker for all of my things, wishing to god that it was the weekend, so I didn't have to be around Vic.

The last thing I wanted was to be around him, he doesn't care, he only is pretending to because he wants to feel better about himself. Daniel was right, I should stay away from him.

Vic didn't like me, he pitied me.

No one liked me but Daniel, and that's how it's going to be.

"Hi Kellin." I hear from behind me, I don't turn around, I can tell it's Vic.

He places his hand on my shoulder making me cower away from his touch. He looks at me sadly and he opens his mouth to say something. Before he can say something I close my locker and rush to class.

(Vic's POV)

I arrive at school insanely worried about Kellin. I didn't mean to make him upset, and now it seems like he doesn't want to talk to me.

I call out to him when I see him in the hallway, but he doesn't turn to me. Without thinking, I reach out to touch his shoulder to get his attention, causing him to turn around in fear.

I blink at the sight of him, he has slight handprints around his throat that I know weren't there yesterday. Before I can say anything he runs away, leaving me standing in the hallway, mouth agape.

I don't know what to do, so I stand there stupidly, staring at the space that he once occupied in the hallway.

I frown thinking about the handprints on his neck, causing a shiver to run up my spine at the thought of being choked. That's what I don't understand, shouldn't he want help? Why does he let what's happening happen? He doesn't deserve something like that.

With those thoughts in mind I head to class, almost entering late from getting lost in my head. Vic is sitting in his usual seat, eyes looking anywhere but me. I sigh at this, sitting down anyways, there isn't anything I can do right now anyways.

I look over to Kellin, hoping to catch his eye or get his attention, but he is strictly looking at his books completely still.

I pull out my phone and text Mike.

'Dude he's ignoring me, I don't know what to do.'

I begin to put my phone back away but a notification pops up before I can.

'I'm sorry, I don't think there is any way you can fix this'

'But I'm so worried, he had these handprints on his neck. I want to be able to help him!'

I put my phone away knowing Mike can't help me, the only person who can tell me what to do is Kellin, and he isn't even looking at me. I make a stupid irrational decision to text him and hope for the best.

(Kellin's POV)

'I'm really sorry for upsetting you, but I don't like seeing you hurt. I won't ask questions, talk to me?'

Something about his text makes anger rise through me like a volcano about to erupt.

Who does this boy think he is, bursting his way into my life, trying to 'fix' me. That's not going to happen, I don't need him, all I need is Daniel, all I want is Daniel.

'Leave me alone'

I text, taking one quick look at him when I'm sure he's looking at his phone. I don't miss the way his face drops and I ignore the pang of hurt in his eyes. This is for the best this is what I want.

—————————————————

"Hey Kelly." Daniel says to me after school right when I'm done packing up.

Luckily I haven't had anymore Vic incidents so maybe me and Daniel can have a good evening together without him intervening.

"Ready to go?" He asks and I nod, beginning to walk out of the building with him.

I followed him as he talked about some tv show that he was watching and I listened intently, trying not to focus on the ache of my body as we walked through an empty park. I must have gotten a little too caught up with what he was saying though because I tripped on a rock and landed on my face.

Daniel turns around as I get my face out of the grass, looking angrily down at me.

"Get up you idiot, stop being an embarrassment." He growls, kicking me in the leg.

I get up even though pain rushes through my leg, following him like before but slightly limping.

The walk continued, my leg hurting more and more as we kept going. He kept shooting angry flares at my limp and after a half hour more of walking he pushed me to the ground.

"Are you thick? You can't even walk normally." He seethes, beginning to kick me.

"I'm sorry, so sorry." I gasp from the ground, feeling so embarrassed. Luckily we were in a secluded area and no one could see me being stupid.

"If you were sorry it wouldn't have happened!" He says, raising his voice an octave. Getting on top of me, bored of kicking me.

After thoroughly getting the shit beat out of me he gets up, takes a breath and walks away.

After a few minutes of panting and trying to calm myself, I attempt to get up and walk home. Unluckily for me when I try to get up the pain in my legs shoots up my whole body making me wince and collapse back to the ground.

I try again and again until I feel as if I can barely stay conscious, then I do something stupid, but it was the only thing I could do.

I pull out my phone and dial, on the third ring they pick up.

"Hello Kellin, why are you calling, are you okay?" Vic says, voice coming out rushed and panicked.

"I'm sorry, but can you come pick me up?"