Bleeding

No matter what you do I'd blame myself.

"Hi Kellin!" I hear Vic chirp from behind me. I turn to look at him, my hand resting on my locker.

"Hi," I say, my voice sounding flat. "How was your night?"

He frowns at the sound of my voice and his eyes linger on my cheek for a bit too long. I self consciously run my hand through my hair, hoping the bruises on my face don't show too much through the makeup.

"It was good, I spent time with my brother watching tv."

"Sounds fun, want to walk to class?" I ask, trying to give my voice more life, but failing miserably.

"Sure." He says as I close my locker and we fall into silence.

As we walk he keeps looking over at me, his eyes staying in places just a little too long to seem normal and I try to keep my eyes glued forward in fear that if I were to acknowledge the looks he would speak up.

"How was your night?" He says, and despite the casual words, I knew they held a deeper meaning. His tone was soft, as if he were to say it any other way I would shatter.

"It was good," I begin, taking in a breath to keep myself calm. "I spent it doing homework."

We reach the classroom right after and I can see curiosity flash in his eyes but he doesn't speak up.

"Are we still going to hang out this weekend?" Vic asks and I nod. "Where do you want to go?"

His question catches me by surprise, I never get asked to choose, why would I waste my opinion as it was easier for someone else to pick.

"It doesn't matter, why don't you pick?"

"Sure, we can decide that day what we are feeling." He says, looking to the door as the teacher walks in, causing our classroom to quiet.

——————————————

"Hi Kelly." Daniel says, causing me to shiver and turn to face him.

"Hi." I practically whisper, worried that if I talked louder he would be mad somehow.

"You don't need to whisper," he teases, but it feels like an order. "Want to come over to my house?"

"Sure." I say, not really wanting to, but I love Daniel and he loves me so I'd do anything to make him happy.

He takes my hand and leads me out of the school. The way he holds my hand is tight, nothing like when Vic held it to lead me to the washroom. Why I'm thinking of Vic, I have no idea, so I try to invest myself in hanging out with Daniel.

We go into his house and sit on his couch. He puts on a movie, then sits next to me. He smiles and my heart melts, I love it when he's like this.

He places his hand gently on my cheek and leans in, I fight the urge to flinch and lean in. He kisses me deeply and passionately, slowly pushing me back til he's on top of me.

I enjoy every moment, the way his hand caresses my cheek, the way he smiles into the kiss, it makes me melt.

Slowly his hands make their way under my shirt and my breath hitches. He takes that opportunity to put his tongue in my mouth. It's nice but I can't shake the nerves with his hands so close to my binder.

The kiss starts to get heated, and even though I'm enjoying it, I feel it going farther and I wish we were watching whatever movie was put on earlier.

Soon, his hands started to push up my shirt. I pulled back from the kiss slightly to push my shirt back down. He furrowed his eyebrows and grabbed my wrists and pinned them above my head on the couch.

With my hands pinned above my head I began to panic. I felt my heart pump faster and I began to sweat.

"Hey Daniel," I said nervously, trying to move my arms out from his grip but failing. "Can we not do this?"

His hand that he had my wrists pinned down with felt tighter and I tried to move my hands in pain.

"What?" He asked, venom dripping in his voice.

"Nothing, sorry..." I start before gasping in pain as his grip on my wrist tightens even more.

I have no time to recover as he slaps me with his free hand right across the face. He shoves me off his couch causing me to groan in pain as my shoulder harshly hits the wooden floor.

Once I was on the ground Daniel got up and began kicking my side. I tried to get up but could only get propped onto my elbow when I got kicked in the face knocking me back onto the floor and making my nose start bleeding.

I move my hand to cover the blood from rushing out of my nose, feeling numb with the pain rushing through my body. With one final kick to my side Daniel stopped.

Dan grabbed me by my underarms pulling me to my feet while I struggled to stand with his support. He planted a kiss on my forehead and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry, it's hard." He whispered, holding me tighter.

"It's okay, I love you." I whisper, ignoring all the pain in my body, glad that Daniel still cared about me.

"You should probably go, my parents will be home soon." Daniel said, pulling back and I nodded.

I grab my stuff from the floor, still holding my nose in case any blood was still falling and left, starting to limp my way home.