Aftermath

I used to believe in forever, but now I know forever is too good to be true

I'm about halfway home and walking past a park when my leg that Daniel kicked gives out and I fall to the ground.

"Hey are you okay?" A familiar voice shouts at me, causing me to look up and realize it's Vic and another boy who looks a few years younger than him.

"I'm fine." I say, not looking at them hoping they will leave me alone before realizing it's me.

"Oh god Kellin, are you okay?" Vic says when he gets close enough to see it's me.

"You know her?" The other kid says, looking oddly between us. I try not to think about him calling me her and focus back on what they are saying.

"Yeah I know him, this is Kellin. The one I told you about." Vic says back while reaching towards me to try and help me up.

If I was a normal person I would have accepted his hand but in my state I flinched back and whimpered slightly. Vic's face dropped but he kept his hand there.

"Let me help you up." He says as I reluctantly reach out and let him pull me to my feet.

I wince as I put pressure on my legs again but luckily Vic pulls me towards a park bench so I can get off my feet.

"What happened to you? Are you okay?" Vic asks and my heart drops realizing I have no food excuses for this.

A few bruises yes, I have a good excuse. But having fresh bruises, a bloody nose, a visible limp, and falling while walking takes a great excuse. An excuse I don't have.

"I'm fine, I just fell." I sputter out, knowing how terrible an excuse it was.

He gives me a look that says, People don't get hurt like that from falling, but he doesn't say anything and nods in response.

"Okay, can I help you get anywhere?" He asks politely, looking back at his brother who has been standing in stunned silence this whole time.

"No, I'll be fine. I'm just on my way home." I say as emotionlessly as possible before trying to get up and walk home.

This plan would have worked if the two boys in front of me would move. But they stood in front of me, not budging one bit.

"We are taking you home, my house is down the road and we can borrow my mom's car." Vic says, looking back at the other kid, who I'm assuming is his brother.

"Yeah, come with us." He says, with a lot less certainty, but I could that he was going to stand with Vic no matter what I said.

"Fine," I give in. "But you really don't need too, I'm fine. My house is like 10 minutes away."

"Just come with us." Vic said, pointing left toward his house.

He put his hands out slowly where I could see them and gently held out his arm so he could support me while I was walking. Even though the walk was only 2 minutes long, I spent the whole time looking around paranoid someone was going to see me with Vic, and tell Daniel that we were walking together with our arms around each other.

I think Vic noticed my anxiety, because he kept trying to shoot me comforting looks, but even when we got in his moms car, I felt no comfort.

Once we pulled into my driveway I finally relaxed slightly, knowing I can get away from them for a while.

"Thank you so much for the ride, you really didn't have to." I said graciously, even though I would never admit it, I really needed that ride. I don't know if I would have gotten home like this.

"It's no problem, call or text me if you need anything." Vic says as I get out of his car, still looking at me like I'm about to break.

As I was closing the door I heard his brother whisper to him.

"Is he okay?"

"I don't know."