Old Moon - Chapter 05

"Home at last," it was approaching 11 o'clock so she knew now that her parents would be home.

"Hello!" Clio shouted, she knew someone was in she could feel them yet all the same no one replied.

She wandered the long dark hall to the kitchen. The dark wood of the cabinets against the white marble was classic, the long red train across the oak table with the candles burning high was a little too classic for 2018.

Left upon some tinfoil covering a plate was a garish chartrse sticky note.

"Tea underneath, Romeo's at friends, Dad and I have gone for some food - Mum xx"

She loved being alone, but she hadnt seen her parents in a while because of their opposing schedules. She lifted upthe foil to see come rather undercooked stake, not her idea of a lovely dinner and so she swiftly put it back in the fridge.

Along the dark red stairs she walked slowly trailing after her hand smoothed along the dark wood banister, looking down on the hall as a king with his kingdom. Her house here was large and exactly her mothers style, dark and red gloomy at any time of the day. She knew her mother never felt at place in the new era's they lived through, she was stuck her idealic view of the victorian ages as their attidudes mirrored her ones fairly well.

She pushed open the door to her room, and bounced on the soft velvet bed.

Her head shot up, she felt someone.

"Do you love him?" A husky unknown voice asked, he was concerned a sharp but overall uncaring.

"Who?" She answered, for she had been close to love her whole life living that long lead to a sizeable amount of almosts.

Time is finite resource; so people tend not waste it or shy away from using it. For her time was infinite and so she could never sit close and love as their instinct were to act as they only had much time to act upon and she sat naturally waiting.

The voice never scared her, it's ease with words left her with a false sense of comfort as who it really was in the shade wasn't her main priority.

"The blonde kid," they replied. Through the dark two emeralds shone at her, like a jewel in an ethiop's ear.

"No." She was blunt, Alex was a sweet kid- he cared for Clio unlike many of her other historical advances but he had never been in her shoes and so she felt a slight wall made out of differences between them.

"Shame that he loves you," her heart stopped.

She often noticed how their electrical current only flows one way but she had never thought of it is love.

Love was too heavy of a word.

People use it but it had to meanings to possible outcomes. I love you are the 3 hardest and easiest words, they had so much weight yet left people feeling so free. For if he loved her she would never love him back he was a stranger to the world. She had seen it through, as it changed yet he hadn't even lasted 2 decades. Love. Love was another almost in Clio's life.

The stranger stepped forward. Revealing the perfectly messy dark hair and chiselled like David face. Asshai.

Quickly she threw a pillow, "you scared me!"

She should have known better as he nonchalantly caught it.

"Scared you into talking casually ?"

He was right, for she wasn't scared by him yet regretted telling him her truth and she knew inside he read more into "No,"than he could if she used a thousand words.

He lay next to her, his head next to hers as his body faced a completely different way.

"I watched you two tonight."

"Stalker."

"I can see it in his eyes- can't you?"

"Sometimes, but is he not too young for love?"

"Well are you too old?"

She didn't know what that quite meant, was he inferring she liked the company of the child or saying that she's out grown her loving.

Clios silence answered whatever one of the questions he was asking.

"Come on," he said swiftly getting up.

Her stunned state lead her to look at him rather confused.

Instead of explaining like he knew he should in his heart he gleefully jumped out her window. She threw some new clothes on and followed.

He lead her deep into the night, but along roads that she did not know.