Chapter 1: Snakes

Nasir (cont'd)

"What the note said?" my dad ask.

"It said 'i can't do better. I missed you. You should have never followed them and abandoned me. See me. I need help'."

"That sound retarded."

"Dad can you please be serious? I'm honestly not in the mood for jokes."

"I'm not joking Nasir. Who is it? For real." he looked at me and i knew he really didn't remember.

"Kenon."

"What?" he frowned.

"Kenon dad."

"Wow... He really came back." my dad chuckled nervously and looked away from me.

"Is there something we could do? I'm sure he means no harm."

"He mean no harm? The fucking dude almost killed your wife! Fuck is you talking about?"

"I was just saying."

"Did he state where he was?"

"No but there's a number on it. Dad i don't want you to do this alone."

"I should do it. I just can't believe he's back." he mumbled and adjusted King in his arms.

"Well can we forget about this right now? It's alot to take in and my wife isn't in a stable condition." i told him and he nodded.

Leaving him out there, he wished me a happy birthday before i went back in the room where mom was talking to Lea.

"Nas what's her condition?" she ask me.

"She have a broken arm and foot, fractured rib and her breasts were ruptured."

She gasp. "Did they fix it?"

"She did surgery." i said, seeing Mercedes trying to say something. "What is it baby?" i walked over to her and held her hand. She began to draw her nails through my palms to tell me what she wanted to say.

"What is she doing?" my mom ask after taking Alaiya from me.

"She's trying to tell me something... She said she's scared." i looked at Lea, seeing tears running down her eyes.

"I'm gonna get a doctor. They're moving too sloppy for my liking." she said and left the room. Now it was only me and my wife.

"Baby I'm gonna be here forever okay? I'm never leaving you, no matter what. And I'm gonna make sure you get a good treatment. I love you okay gummy bear?" i said and she nodded. "Can you tell me what you're thinking?"

I waited on her and while she was trying to tell me what was running through her mind, i knew she felt frustrated because she paused couple times. When she was done, i got to understand that she saw who did this to her. She was saying that it was my dad who did it. I tried convincing her that it wasn't him but she got upset at me.

"How's she doing?" my dad ask and i saw tears running down Lea's face.

"I don't know yet but she isn't in the best condition right now."

"Well I'll see what Ja-"

"Keyeion Menefee, you are under the arrest for the injury of Mercedes Menefee as well as causing a car collision." four white cops walked in.

"What? I just got here. Fuck is you talm bout?" my dad looked at them as if they were crazy. "Don't touch my fucking child." he stood.

"Sir, we have to take you in. If you resist arr-"