Kai x blind! reader

Nothing. It was all Y/N could see ever since birth. Pure nothingness. They never experienced seeing the colour of the sky, or seeing a child's smile. It was okay, though. Y/N had learnt to live with it, she was a snowflake, special and unique, and her blindness wouldn't pull her down. Softly caressing each material between her fingertips allowed her to "see" the world around her.

Y/N sat at her school desk, feeling the material in front of her. It was a soft, delicate material... with a floral scent. Someone had left a flower on her desk, but who..? She moved her hands around the wood of the desktop, to feel for anything else that may be there... but there was nothing. Just a flower.

"How peculiar..." she mumbled to herself. The classroom- described to her by one of her classmates- was a big room, with stone and wooden walls, four big windows that let in sunlight, and 28 desks evenly distributed in the room. The left wall was lined with bookcases, with an almost uncountable mass of books, with literature dating hundreds of years back.

"Hey hey!! Y/N, what ya doin'?" Her friend and classmate said, happily wrapping an arm around her. Y/N smiled, it was nice to see her friend again.

"Licht! Good morning!" Y/N smiled wider, before realising the flower was still in her hand. She gripped it tighter, but not tight enough to break the fragile flower.

"What's that you got there?" Licht asked curiously.

"Oh, I felt this when I found it here on my desk... it's a flower right? Can you tell me what colour it is?" She asked, smiling.

"It's blue...aw how cute, someone must've left that as a gift! But there wasn't a note...?"

Y/N's smile faded, her brows furrowed thinking about who would have left the flower here.

"I guess it was either a nice gesture or... it isn't meant for me?.." Y/N said to Licht.

"Hm... I doubt it's a mistake. I'm going to find your admirer for you Y/N!"

But what they didn't know was that a cute, tall boy lurked outside of the classroom door, a small smile on his face and a shy blush. Yes, this is the admirer.

The day progressed to lunchtime, and Licht had no luck on finding a clue. Licht pulled up his somewhat flimsy chair, and slid it under the old wooden desk belonging to Y/N.

"Y/N~~ heyyyy!" He greeted her, and she immediately smiled.

"Licht! Did you have any look finding our mysterious stranger?"

Licht sighed.

"Unfortunately, I cant find them, but on the good side, I've narrowed down potential suspects!"

Y/N was intrigued.

"Oo! Who is in the list?" She asked.

"Well, it's either Samuel, Alexei, Ludwig or... Kai."

"Kai!?" Y/N blushed, unaware of course. A light gleamed in Licht's eye at her reaction.

"...You like him, don't you?" He asked, smiling.

"Y-Yes..- No!... ugh I don't know, something like that... he's sweet, and nice..."

Little did she know, as the very man she was talking about was still lurking outside the classroom. He was so... excited. The thought of the very girl he likes reciprocating his feelings was like pure ecstasy. After all the years of being judged based on his looks, it was sweet to find a girl who liked his personality. He could open up to her.

The school day was approaching its end, and Kai had decided it was about time he told her of his feelings. Running to her classroom, he saw her sitting alone, packing away her belongings. He inhaled a deep breath.

"Y/N." She sat up, surprised to hear her name.

"Yes?" She asked.

He approached her desk, a nervous smile on his face.

"I... like... you." He said, shyly.

She grinned, her smile glowing.

"Kai! So... it was you. I'm so happy. I like you too."

And with that, they walked out of school together, holding hands.

—————

Apologies to my readers, I get it, I practically disappeared again. Thank you for your patience. Also I swear this was someone's request and I want to apologise to that person as it is so late.