Part 2- Bruno X reader - Please come back!

Ever since Bruno had visited the Vertsrein palace, you had one question always on your mind.

'What if I did go back?...'

At first it was just a thought that you thought of a week after Bruno's visit, it happened whilst you were polishing the tea sets in the cabinet. You saw your face reflected on the glass.

'Wow... I really don't look happy...'

You stared at yourself for five minutes not moving an inch, your life less face staring back at you, a dull expression visible in your eyes.

That was the first time. Then it happened again and again everyday. Bruno was all you could think about.
And you were all Bruno could think about.

Every night you'd cry. It hurts emotionally and all you can think about is him.

'He must've moved on by now... Oh God! I miss him so much!'
Those were your thoughts. You thought he'd moved on, forgot about you, and found someone else.

But you couldn't be more wrong.

~At the Granzreich palace~

Bruno had turned into an emotional wreck. He didn't care about anything, not even how to be as smart as Heine.
He skipped meals and lost so much weight that it was extremely unhealthy.
His room was a mess, books cluttered everywhere, maids didn't even dare try attempt to clean it just in case they ran into Bruno. The maids began to be afraid of Bruno, he had turned against the outside world, incasing himself in his room, looking at the ceiling to ignore life, if anyone even dared speak to him, he was cold, silent and grumpy, totally different to when you two were together.

He still took care of himself, but not because he wanted to. It was for his family, since he didn't want them concerned. The only item he willingly took care of was the book you gave him, with all the photos and memories
and happy moments. Every day he'd look through it and cry. Cry because he lost his most precious thing because of his biggest mistake he ever made.

He looked through it for the third time today.

"Oh God.. not again." Was what he said before the salty tears trailed down his cheeks.

------

~ back in Vertsrein ~

Dante, being the third prince, was never appreciated by his family. Well except his older brother, but that's because they shared a common trait, they'll never own Vertsrein. Even if they try extra hard. You knew this and you needed to be there for Dante, but you wanted to go back to Granzreich.
You thought of plans to leave without any trace, but you couldn't leave your best friend without saying good bye.

You wrote about your plans in your diary, how you'd live with your parents again and hopefully ask Heine to see if he could get Bruno to see you. That was your plan and it was all written in a brown leather book with gold edging. Unfortunately, you left your diary in Dante's room...

Dante was curious and opened the dairy, reading every word. Realising how you felt, he thought about letting you go, but on one condition. He goes with you.

He called you to his room after dinner, and you both sat down as he began to talk.

"So.. Y/N.. I found your diary in my room and I read through it. I saw the part where you want to run away."

Your eyes widened as you sit there in shock.

"I- I'm so sorry Dante! Please, I don't want to leave becau-" he interrupted you.

"Y/N, it's quite alright. I know why you want to leave. I have an idea." He paused and drank some tea whilst you nervously sat there shuffling in your seat.

"I want to go with you, Y/N. let's escape to Granzreich."

"E-escape?! But what if you're needed to be the heir of the throne?"

"Seriously? Do you think that'll happen? Because I think it's highly unlikely, considering that I have two older brothers ahead of me and my father is going to reign for at least the next 10-15 years or so. And besides, if something does happen, I have a younger sister and brother. They can be the heir to the throne."

His words shocked you. And also persuaded you. That's it. You were going to Granzreich. Home ... where your Bruno is.

Your plan was to pack your bags in the spare hour you have and the need Dante at midnight and take the carriage, go to the docks, and get on an average cruise boat to Granzreich, whilst wearing disguises, of course.

- A week later in Granzreich -

Your POV

It's been a week since I've returned back to Granzreich. I truly did miss this place, everything about it seems wonderful and enchanting. From the shops, cafes and restaurants to the markets and townspeople, this is truly the most magnificent place to live.

Today I was wearing a winter blue dress with several layers to keep me warm from the cold. Dante was currently in our temporary house, baking a pie.

The smell of ink and paper, old and new, greeted me as I walked in to my old workplace, the bookstore. I browsed the bookshelves, searching for a book to give to Bruno.

Surely, this has to get his attention?..

I walked up to the counter, paid for the book, and walked back to mine and Dante's temporary home. The scent of pie filled my nose as I walked into the comfortable home me and Dante shared.

"Dante, I'm back." He peeped his head
out of the doorway. "Oh, hey Y/N. sooooo... are we going to do the plan?"

-------------

This is going to be a part three story because I've literally spent two-three months writing this. Don't be procrastinated kiddos.