Heine X reader

This was requested.

////////////////////////

Princess Y/N Von Vertsrein

That's who you are. A single princess at the age of twenty-seven, who your father was sending to Granzreich to find a potential marriage candidate.

'This is stupid... why do I have to leave my country, and more importantly, why do I have to leave my bed..?!' You thought to yourself as you stepped into the carriage, waving goodbye to your older brother, his wife, your three younger sisters and youngest twin brothers.

The repetitive sound of the horses shoes colliding with the cobblestone road gave a therapeutic feel to the journey. You frowned as you realise that you potentially may never permanently live in Vertsrein again. Hours pass and eventually you are in Granzreich. Outside of Weissburg palace. Two guards greet you at the entrance, opening the gate and then leading to you the King Viktor's office.

"Ah, Princess Von Vertsrein, welcome to Granzreich. Please sit down." Viktor gestured to a seat directly across from his, which was then pulled out by a servant for you to sit. You thank the servant, who smiled politely back in return.

"Greetings, Your Highness. I believe this is the fifth time I've met you. My father requested that I give this letter to you. I personally would like to thank you for allowing me to stay in Weissburg palace with your family."

"It is no problem for you to stay here. I would rather you stay here as it is safer for you to stay here. Well, I presume you may be tired after the long journey here. I will have a butler escort you to your chambers."

You sat up, nodded politely, and followed a blonde butler to your chambers.

The room was huge and warm. You immediately collapsed on the bed as soon as you changed into your nightgown.

——— Time skip ———

The sun began to rise, and by now the maids had woken you up to eat breakfast with the royal family.
You sat at the dinner table, looking at the royal family and greeting each person. You had met the Granzreich family various times in the past, so they were aquatinted with you by now.

The breakfast table had various delectable dishes that made your mouth water. You took a bite of some fresh bread, and immediately the soft inside of the bread and the crunchy crust made a heavenly combo that made you smile with joy.

After the meal you were to go with the princes to join one of their lessons. Not to learn, but more to make stronger connections between the Vertsrein and the Granzreich royal families, after all you were supposed to marry a man from Granzreich.

You followed the princes through the corridors to the hall, in which their lessons would take place.

"So, what kind of man is the royal tutor?" You question.

"He's amazing! Mast- Professor Heine is... is a PURE GENIUS!" Bruno shouted down the corridor.

"Well, he's nicer that all the other tutors I've ever had! He can run really fast aswell!" Leonard said.

"He's... helping... me be... better... at talking" you smiled at Kai's attempt to talk to you without being shy.

"Well, the first time I met him he kicked my in the face..."

"Licht! You know he only did that because you were being extremely indecent!!"

'...'

"It seems like he genuinely cares about all of you. I wish I had a tutor like that when I was your age..."
'...Or anyone like that...'

'I mean, my childhood was okay, but... my royal tutors seemed to dislike me for no reason...'

The boys looked at me and smiled. "Our Professor cares about us, even if he shows barely any emotions. I think you may get along with him, Y/N."

The door opened and you looked down to see a short man staring up at you.

"H-hello.. I'm pr-"

"Princess Y/N Von Vertsrein. Welcome to Weissburg palace. I'm Heine, Heine Wittgenstein, The Royal Tutor. It is an honour to meet you."

"Ah, please, there is no need to be so formal. You can just call me Y/N if you would like, Professor." Heine nodded in response.

You took a seat as Heine began to explain what the boys were supposed to be doing for the day.
"Today, we will be in the garden to learn about the environment and why we need to take care of it."

You smiled at the thought of being outside in such great weather. The sun was shining, cherry blossoms were blooming and it was a nice spring day.
You inhaled a breath of the clean, fresh air and sighed happily. 'Maybe living in Granzreich won't be so bad?'

Heine explained to the princes what they had to do before he took a seat on the bench. He patted a spot next to him for you to sit down, which you did.

"Good day, Princess Y/N. May I be so curious as to ask why you suddenly visited Granzreich?"

"Please, you don't have to use formalities around me, I'm human, just like you. And to answer your question, I was sent here by my father. He wants me to find a Granzreich husband, so that ties between our countries are stronger. I do love my father, however, he can be quite irritating when he does stuff like this. At least he's allowing me to pick a husband who I love, instead of being put into an arranged marriage..."

"I see." He paused. "I actually would like to ask you a few things about Vertsrein, if that is okay with you."

You turned and smiled at him.

"I'd love to talk about Vertsrein! Oooh, where do I start?"

"Well... how about you start with yourself? I'd most definitely like to get to know you."

"Okay. So, I'm the second child of King Lapis and Queen Titania of Vertsrein. I have an older brother, three younger sisters and two younger twin brothers. I'm know as the camellia of Vertsrein in the public eye."

Heine listened to everything you had to say, making mental notes of some interesting and humorous information. As the day went on, you talked with Heine and became friends almost immediately. After the boy's lessons ended, he ended up touring you around the castle. It began to get late and you were yawning by this point.

"Would you look at the time? It's getting late Y/N. I'll escort you back to your chambers."

You held onto Heine's arm as you walked through the corridors, and eventually you reached your room.

"Heine.. thank you for talking to me today. I appreciate it, and now I understand why the princes appreciate you so much. It's not much but.." you interrupted yourself and gave Heine a small kiss on the lips. It may have seemed short and small, but it felt like forever and many positive emotions attached to the kiss.

You blushed, and quickly apologised and ran into your room before Heine could react. Heine blushed at your actions, and put his finger on his lips, hoping to feel the sensation of kissing you again.

"Princess Y/N... I think I may have just fell for you..."

And with that he walked back to his chambers thinking of only you.

———————

EXTRA ENDING:

It had been three months since you met Heine, and you knew. You knew it had to be him. He's the one you should marry.

He knew. He knew he should marry you.

That night he proposed to you, and that night was the happiest of your life.

————
END.
THANKS FOR READING! :) BYE!