Heine x orphan! Reader

The cold air of an autumn night was life threatening. Especially for an orphan child, who lived in a sewer and was shunned by society.

Y/N was a 15-16-year old girl.

She has been out on the streets since the young age of 7 (her parents chucked her to the streets, because they had small funds and an unnecessary alcohol addiction) and a red-headed-boy, only a few years older than her, helped her up off the street and lead her to the sewers. The home for all the orphaned children, that had no where else to go. Heine was his name. He was the leader of the orphans, and even though he looked emotionless, he had enough empathy to fill an ocean.
He cared about you and everyone else. He taught you how to fight, steal, hide and run (and even how to jump from three story high windows.)

You were currently sitting next to Heine in the sewers, splitting up the five bread rolls you stole. You didn't like stealing, but it was the only option you had for you, Heine and all of the orphans to survive. The children liked to call you 'onee-chan' because they saw you as the older sister figure in the group.

"Onee-chan! Thank you for the bread." They all said. You just smiled.

They all got equal pieces which was just about enough to survive a night. Besides, some of them had learnt how to steal stuff of their own.

"Heine." You called out.

"Hm?"

"Here." You offered him half of the final bread roll.

"Ah. Thanks." He said adding it with a rare smile. Heine loved how even though you were suffering yourself, you'd be generous and kind and help the other suffering people.

And then two of the orphan boys came running to the sewers, but then an adult's voice could be heard.

"Do you mind returning that please?" You and Heine got up and began to exit the sewers to investigate the situation.

"Yeah!" "We sure do!" The boys replied

"Enough!" Heine called out as you both emerged from the shadows, "Give that back, now."

"Are you serious?! This things worth a lot of money!" One of the boys called back.

"I told you not to steal anymore than you need. Return it!" In situations like these, you usually let Heine do all the talking, he knows what exactly to say.

"Fine! Heads up." They both said as one of the boys chucked the pocket watch back to Viktor.

"You're not from around here are you?"
Heine paused and looked at him, "Stay away from here."

Then you and Heine began walking back into the sewers for the night. And then both of you heard footsteps behind you.

"Don't follow us." Heine warned, but Viktor still followed. Then you all reached the area where the children are.

Viktor's stomach growled, You and Heine faced him. You snapped half of your half of a bread roll off and Heine chucked him an apple.

"Take the food and leave."

Viktor took a bite of the apple, but then noticed a little girl behind you, holding onto your brown trousers, that you tailored yourself ever since you grew up. There weren't much need to tailor them though, you were slightly shorter than Heine, but people could tell you weren't exactly a child due to your ...features... to say at the least. (Honestly if you don't understand what that means, you're too innocent or too young and if you're the latter I haven't a clue on why you're already reading oneshots)