27

**Stefan's POV**

Watching my girlfriend go head to head against another wolf that was about twice her size and was doing everything in his power to rip her throat out was making me terrified! What the hell was I supposed to do while I just watched?

Looking down, I tried to find something sharp or hard, if I distracted him long enough then it would give her an advantage. Then another thought hit me, how many more wolves were fighting against her and her parents? Maybe they had Saxon and them on their side but that didn't mean this other pack was going to play by the rules if there were any that is.

Making a mental note to get a gun the next time I was in this situation, I started climbing the tree to aim myself over the wolf. He and Ashley were circling each other before dodging and biting the other's fur. I saw blood falling from the male's jaw and felt relieved that he seemed to be in more pain at the moment than her.

They both seemed oblivious to what I was doing as the male, grabbed Ashley by her neck and threw her down. He got ontop of her and chuckled it seemed as my skin crawled. I needed to do this fast or else I was going to lose her too.

Without giving it another thought, I dropped down onto the wolf and locked my arms around his neck to choke him. He howled while turning around to throw me off. I vaugely saw Ashley stand up unsteadily and blink at me, incredulous that I had the nerve to do what I was doing.

I grabbed tighter as the wolf lifted onto his hind legs and landed on his, well my back, and the air left my lungs in a whoosh.

Struggling to catch my breath, I forced myself to keep a tight hold as my mouth was wide open. I couldn't believe that I was sitll conscious right now as the weight of this beast was on me and I felt something crack during the fall.

More howling and crying came from beside us, as Ashley leapt onto the male, pushing him off me. I laid still as the oxygen slowly returned into my body and I gazed over at the two to see Ashley bite down onto his neck.

The cry that sounded shook me to the core before it died down and I heard a faint panting. She slowly crept back over to me and nudged my arm as I turned to look at her.

She whined as I couldn't bring myself to get up from the position I was in. It was going to hurt much more to bend and breathe than to remain lying down.

Slowly, I grabbed her neck and allowed her to pull me up as a I groaned and felt my ribs protest. Yeah there were definitely some broken ones.

We made our way over towards the estate and I saw a bunch of wolves and fur just ripping each other apart. This was insane!

Ashley nudged me over towards a tree that was still further away and whined at me again. I knew she didn't want to leave me, but it was her duty to protect me and her famiy.

"Go," I panted and scratched her head, "I'll be fine here."

She shook her fur and loped off towards what I was guessing was her parents who were taking on four or five at once. Her wounds had healed and there were just tiny scratch marks lining her body.

Since all I could do was wait, I leaned back heavily and closed my eyes as my breathing went from a slower pace to a quickening one. I just had to make it through this war then I would live once I got to medical attention.

**Sorry for another short chapter, but at least it's in Stefan's POV! Until the next update!**