7

**Stefan's POV**

"Mom," I slammed the door shut and walked over to the study, pulling out the filing cabinets.

"Yes Stefan, what is it?"

I turned to face her and saw her face grow worried, "what's wrong sweetheart?"

"How could I find out who was given the transplants from Tabitha?"

She came over to me and sighed, "Stefan, we've been through this."

I brushed her off, "mom I know. But I saw a girl tonight, she has her eyes!"

My father poked his head in, "what's going on?"

"Stefan saw someone who has Tabitha's eyes," my mom said gently.

"I'm not making this up. She was having surgery on her eyes, something that involved a transplant. She had been blind before,"

My parents looked at me and then at each other as I stopped explaining my story.

"I'm not making this up, I promise," I sighed and flipped through some files.

"So just talk to the girl? She may know," my father said.

I wanted to face palm myself for being stupid. There was the possibility that she may not know as well, but it was either I ask Ashley or Tabitha's mom... and you could tell which one would probably be a safer bet.

"Stefan, don't let this control you for the rest of your life," my dad said to me in a sympathetic but stern tone.

I didn't say anything because I knew it was futile. I loved my parents, but sometimes I felt they didn't always know what was truly best for me. I needed complete closure on my girlfriend's death and this was for sure the only way I was going to get it.

All I wanted to get from her was this information, after that I wouldn't have any other reason to talk to her. Easier said than done, but I'm pretty sure as long as I kept in mind that she wasn't Tabitha, I wouldn't have a problem with keeping my distance from the girl who just happened to end up with those violet eyes. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't her fault. Had we met under different circumstances, I'm sure I would've love to have known her and all, but this was just too difficult for me. I'm sure once she realized what was going on, she would understand too. Assuming she had been into me at all that night, which part of me thinks she was... It might just be that much harder.

I found her number in my contacts and texted her asking when she wanted to meet again. The sooner the better for my sake.

'I have plans today but maybe tomorrow?'

'Sounds good to me.'

'Okay!'

I had the urge to text Blake or Ella and get more information on Ashley but I knew they were probably still celebrating the engagement so I couldn't do that and ruin the moment. I just had to wait and learn more about her myself.

So instead to bide my time, I did what any guy would do when they miss someone who's gone. You go visit their grave.

"Hey Tabby Kat, I brought some new roses," I said to her grave and laid down an orange bouquet of roses into the vase.

There was some moss around her tombstone so I brushed it off quickly and just sat down next to her tombstone. It bugged me that I couldn't keep it cleaner but it still looked nicer than half the ones here. There was a solar light that was soaking in the sun's rays at the moment, so that night it would light up her plot. The light had been my idea, and her parents had allowed me to do it. Just seeing the light made me realize how much of an angel she was and how she was in Heaven just watching over us all.

"So, I met this girl. She's a friend of Ella's, and I think she's the one who got your eyes Tabitha," I bit the inside of my cheek as I felt tears forming in my eyes. How I would give anything for me to just see her one last time.

"She seems nice," I continued, "so I'm going to talk to her and try and see what I can find out. I know you would want me to move on.. but it's too hard," I brushed my eyes angrily and let the grief consume me as my shoulders shook. How could anyone move on like this?

**Sorry for the somewhat short chapter, still trying to pan out how this story will go. But seriously, what do you think so far? I would love love love some feedback!!! Thanks everyone**