12

**Ashley's POV**

There's no doubt that he was my mate! I felt it the moment he kissed me. It was inevitable. He may not know it yet, but my wolf sure did... Now how do I go about telling him?

My cheeks were still flushed from the kiss as I listened to some music on my phone. There was supposed to be a pack meeting soon... But I had no idea on what.

My father was the alpha but he has a guy working under him who's the next potential alpha. I mean had I been a boy then yea it would fall to me... And since Stefan wasn't a werewolf and was my mate... Yea I don't know how that was going to go.

"Ready Ash?" My father called.

"Coming!"

"The meeting has been moved," my mother explained as I saw them getting ready. We were supposed to go catch a movie, so much for a family night.

"Something happen?"

"We'll explain there," my father said as we started running from our backyard and shifted in mid air.

The memo was sent out through our wolf minds and soon there was howling from all around.

We soon arrived at the estate you could call it for our meetings. No one actually stayed there very often unless it was my parents on occasion or a refuge for rogues. Our pack was a little bit different than most, meaning we didn't try to kill others who weren't sided with us. War was a different topic though.

All the wolves filled into the common room and shifted quickly as my father stood by the fireplace with his hand resting on the mantle. I was sitting by my mother on the floor, just gazing at some of the people in our pack. We were one of the bigger groups around here for the sole reason of being so peaceful. There was around twenty-eight of us or so, but don't be deceived, we also had some of the top trackers and fighters among us. My parents being two of them.

"Is everyone here?" My father's voice echoed amongst the pack.

Some of the males nodded before returning their gaze to the floor or even at me. Trying not to feel awkward, I shifted my gaze towards my father.

"Okay then, I called this meeting earlier to discuss a few things. Some stuff isn't as major but it's necessary."

He began listing off things about the upcoming initiation of the younger wolves and how it was our duty to be role models. There was some stuff about new boundary runners and shifts. Basically just boring stuff we usually heard at each meeting.

"As of yesterday, some of us here came across the scent of the Silverstar pack."

There were a few murmurs of concern as the words sunk in. Silverstar was an all female pack. They only had mates to reproduce before killing them off or running them out. No one really knows why they get rid of their "mate" but they're definitely a bitchy clan.

"I'm not sure what they were doing among our territory, but I know that it wasn't anything too serious," my father reassured everyone.

Which was true in a way because my family was friends with the Luna, who's the alpha's girl, or just the alpha in this case. Her name was Saxon.

"Maybe someone wandered too far onto their territory and it made them worried?" My mother spoke up in a soft yet firm voice.

"Could be, or it might just be the habitat is being demolished by these damn humans," he murmured and I felt myself cringe. Sure my father tried to be understanding towards humans like all werewolves but he had his moments of disgust with them...

"Alpha Marcus," one of the older and wiser she-wolves spoke up, "what if the Nightblood pack has come back."

I raised my eyebrows in confusion, now I had never heard of this pack before but it was apparent everyone else had.

"As of last I heard, they had been banished," my father spoke up.

The woman sighed and gave my father that look which meant they would talk in private later. I'm pretty sure she was the only one who was allowed to do that because she was ancient.

**Im hoping this is long? Not on a computer to see the word count! Please comment and tell me how you're liking it. :) or if I need to work on something, I won't know unless someone tells me! Thanks guys! And voting doesn't count as comments!**