twenty six

the ocean was incredibly breathtaking.
just as much as that encounter had left jin.
he picked up his pace, walking hurriedly down a wooden path, disregarding any thoughts toward anything that wasn't what he planned to tell jungkook.
he couldn't tell if he was comforted in the fact that today they had planned to stay on the lovely island of delphin, so jungkook couldn't say that he couldn't go because they had to leave, or discouraged because he strongly despised the idea of a date he had been practically charmed into accepting.
the nearer he got to the group that had only just noticed his existence, or lack thereof, the more his heart constricted his breathing, almost sending seokjin into a panic for reasons unknown.
he wished extremely hard that the man, taehyung, would be late enough for the merman to not feel bad for going home.
but kim seokjin did agree and he refused to go back on his word, a sad memory of his father from a long time ago drilling into his head to never back down.
he meant what he said, and he said what he meant, kim seokjin was faithful, one hundred percent.
when he finally stepped onto the dock the rest of his crew were located, the resonating voice of jungkook calling out to him struck a chord in his heart.
following the voice with his eyes as one does, he was met with a handsome young man, clad in monotone colors as per usual and a seemingly worried look clouding his face.
the staring session didn't last long as the duo instantly began heading toward one another, any thoughts jin might've had knocked out from his mind the second jungkook's arms latched themselves around his waist, one hand brought to caress the back of his head in a caring hug.
"jin, blossom?
where were you?
i was so scared!"
every time someone showed him even the slightest of concern, seokjin surely reviewed all of his past actions that led him to be the receiver of such a warm and fuzzy feeling of love.
he had received too much love and appreciation in such a short span of time, he thought, he didn't want to be too greedy and keep expecting.
while he thought all about that, from the top deck the trio of men; namjoon, hoseok, and yoongi all released a very deep exhale, annoyed for not noticing his absence earlier.
no one's thoughts compared to jungkook's though, both infuriated at the fact that he was too caught up in his own mind to notice his merman was missing and incredibly relieved to have him in his arms again.
but the moment was broken when seokjin pulled back, hand reaching for jungkook's and interlacing them, before proceeding to lead him toward their chambers.
jungkook restrained from speaking, the urgent look from seokjin and the whisper of the dreaded phrase,
"we need to talk.
alone."
in his ear before they parted scared him from doing so, anxiety pooling in his stomach at the situation.
what could it possibly be that seokjin had to speak with him alone about?
did he want to leave?
jungkook doubted, but it was always a possibility, along with the many others floating around his head.
they entered the familiar room, cluttered with even more treasure then when first introduced, but neither dwelled on it too long as the air, with  unbearable tension, swamped the entire room.
silence lay for only mere seconds, a silence neither were comfortable in until jin decided to speak up.
"you're probably going to want to sit down for this, kook."
jungkook let himself be lead towards the queen bed with the maroon colored sheets, plopping himself down, the view of a nervous seokjin chewing his lips being all that filled his head.
just what is it that he had to say?
he got his answer only a millisecond after the thought appeared in his mind, and oh god how he wish he hadn't.
he doesn't know why he reacted the way he did, he absolutely shouldn't have, but hearing the man you love say he accepted a date offer really does something to a person.
the instant the words,
"i accepted a date offer from a young man, and i wanted you to know about it before i go."
fuck, he really shouldn't have reacted the way he did.
the moment the words left seokjins lips heautomatically burst up, fist raised to clench the collar of jins navy v-neck shirt, rage evident in his otherwise calming features.
"you did WHAT?"
cowering under the overwhelming glare cast upon him, jij weakly stuttered out,
"i knew you'd be mad, but i was shocked and charmed into agreeing.
please don't be so angry, kookie."
the pout jin held and his onyx eyes glistening with the beginnings of a tear almost distracted jungkook from the situation, struggling between comforting the male from none other then himself, or reprimand him.
the latter won, much to his disappointment, and anger got the best of him.
how could this merman be so god damn oblivious not to notice how desperately in love jungkook was with him.
the hand at jin's collar only got tighter, before he was thrown unexpectedly down onto the ground.
"kookie-"
"don't.
i'm only going to say this once.
i want you to leave, and i think it'd be best for everyone involved, if you didn't come back."
whimpers were heard, along with minature sniffles, so when jungkook looked down at the golden merman he most certainly didn't expect to see a smile, but even an amateur at reading faces could tell it was forced.
seokjin rose again to his feet, standing at eye level with jungkook for what seemed to be the last time.
"i knew it was too good to be true.
thank you for everything kook-ah.
before i go, i want you to know i'm truly thankful for you, and if me leaving is what's best for you, then i will get out of your way as quickly as possible."
jungkook's mind froze first, unable to comprehend the complexity situation, but when seokjin bowed to him at an exact ninety degree angle, tears slipping down to the wooden flooring, heading off after sending his genuine emotions through the gesture, jungkook's body tensed and was unable to move as he watched his love walk out of his chambers to god knows where.
kim seokjin on the other hand, while doing his best in an effort to keep his emotions at bay in the room with the other male, broke down right outside the door, his unique fingers clutching the area where it felt as if his heart was going to pump itself outside his chest at the rate it was going.
he knew he couldn't resi.de there too long, so he did his best to put on a brave face, preparing mentally for how he planned to approach the trio of lovers who had done so much for him.
there was no way he would be able to thank them without feeling as if his heart physically shattered, so he opted for sneaking past them, which would be incredibly difficult given the terrain he was dealing with and the three separate locations the men seemed to be in.
hoseok was perched in his usual spot, above all in the crows nest, halfway through reading what was probably a very interesting book.
namjoon seemed to be thinking deeply about something, upper body leaning over the ledge of one side of the ship, lip tugged between his teeth like he does when he was anxious.
yoongi would be the worst to get by, right at the head of the ship, only meters from the dock jin hoped to cross smoothly, suprisingly sunbathing with a glass of lemonade by his side.
he tiptoed his way past the other empty chambers, gulping at even the slightest of sound, before the real problem begun.
hoseok seemed too engrossed in his book, and namjoon had his back facing him, so he let a sigh of relief when he tried his best to casually walk past their section.
with yoongi however, it was a 50-50 guess of whether or not he was sleeping or just as he called it, 'resting his eyes'.
seokjin prayed with everything in him that the oldest of them all was sleeping, walking past him quietly but hurriedly, exhaling when he reached the dock.
yet since it felt as if he was ground to the spot, like something was left undone, he pivoted and headed toward the male he was closest with perhaps besides jungkook.
he had only just begun to form a comprehensible sentence when yoongi's sultry voice hit him with a,
"what is it, seokie?"
that nearly startled him half to death, as yoongi didn't even have his eyes open so how could he possibly know, and the nickname making him upset, thinking this is the last time he'd ever hear it.
"yoongi, i need you to listen to these two requests i have, can you do that?"
"of course seokie, what is it?"
yoongi inquired, sitting up straight so he was fully facing the merman.
"first, i don't want to be followed so please don't go after me.
second, i want you to know that i love you all, and i won't ever forget the kindness you've shown me, or the love you've given me."
for the second time that day seokjin found himself extending his body into a bow, sighing before finishing his statement,
"i hope you can forgive me.
i wish you all the best, you truly deserve it."
not giving yoongi the opportunity to reply, seokjin immediately bolted the second he finished, and without any painful looks back he was off the boat and back onto the island.
with nowhere to go.
but he made a promise, one he swears to uphold, so he maneuvers through the clutter of people toward the spot he declared the pick up spot for the date, and sinks to the ground.
the feelings hit him like a boat, so it's no suprise that he spends the next hours with an empty stomach and his head against his curled up knees in the same spot thats caused him an immeasurable amount of pain.
tears stream down his face endlessy, onlookers unsure how to handle the poor boy, many who could care less to.
hours passed as easily as minutes, until it seemed his body was unable to produce any more of the salty liquid, but his head remaindown, acting as a reminder to him that the floor was where he truly belonged, whether it be the ground on land or the ocean floor.
the only thing that strayed his head from his knees was a soothing voice filling the air, the only one to approach him in the four hours he assumed he'd been there.
"well hello, pretty boy.
i'm right on schedule, but it seems as if you're a little early.
desire me that much, baby?"
the cockiness radiated incredulous off the handsome gentleman from before, and the smirk he had only upset him further.
kim seokjin wished so much that he could back down, but he said what he meant and he meant what he said, he would be faithful, one hundred percent.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

sorry i've been gone but i've literally either been bedridden from the plague or something and i was just really sick and in a lot of pain and not in my right mind (then i got my period at the same time which was HELL) or just uninspired and rewatching animes but a lot of shit is going on in my life yet once i saw the run episode and the fucking hug between jin and jungkook i instantly felt like i had to write in honour of that moment so heres this 1.9k words of pure angst! be healthy and safe and happy and know i love each and every one of you guys, my most precious bean sprouts<3<3<3<<3<3<3<3<<33<3<<3
love lex luther