Partners

You just moved closer to UA High, your dream school. You put on your uniform and found that the skirt you had on was a little too short.

        As you walked to your new school, you kept pulling down your skirt.

       Walking into the classroom, you looked around and saw this blonde boy yelling at a scared looking green haired boy, a pink skinned girl, a red haired boy, and a two-toned boy. Everyone already had made friends during the first day, the red and white haired boy had an empty seat next to him, and he looked like he didn't have any company, so you took a seat next to him.

       A walking sleeping bag came in? Oh, your teacher, you figured. He said that his name was Aizawa. Okay, Aizawa Sensei. You were going to be doing a partner project. It was a whole project on getting to know your partner, and present what you learned about each other. Aizawa called out parners: (I'm too lazy to name everyone and their partners, so I'm just gonna name main characters. I'm making up the groups by the way. Oh, and for your information, I'm too lazy to describe the whole sports festival, so I'm not doing it.)

Bakugo and Midoryia (Wow)

Ochako and Kirishima

Kaminari and Yaoyorzu

Mina and Tsuyu

...

And lastly, Y/n and Todoroki.

       Who was Todoroki? You looked around, everybody knew who everybody was, you just sat at your desk wondering who Todoroki was. You felt a gentle tap on your shoulder, "You're Y/n, right?" He asked with curious eyes. It was that two-toned haired boy earlier.
       "Umm, yeah..."
       "I guess your my partner then." He said with a blank expression.
       "Oh, ok." You and your partner for the rest of the day, would work on getting to know each other, and you can work on the project at home too. You had to spend time together. Aizawa suggested that the groups could go after school somewhere and chat, that sounded like a nice idea.

        You tried to get the conversation going, "So um, what's your quirk?"
       "Half hot, half cold."
Well that didnt really explain anything, "Uh, mind showing me?"
       "Um, okay." He held your hand in his, red was spread across your face. He used his other hand to make ice in a sphere shape.
       "Woah..." A slight smirk spread across his face. He placed the ice sphere in your hand, and you looked at it in awe before asking, "What about that half hot part?"
       "Uh, I prefer not to use it..."
       "Oh ok."
       "How about your quirk?" He asked.
       "Here, I'll show you." You took the sphere in your hand and made it float in the air. "I have wind and water manipulation." You then turned the ball of ice into water, and it splashed on him. "Oh my God, I am so sorry!"
He just let out a chuckle, "It's fine. You have a really cool quirk though."
       "Thanks." You used your wind manipulation to dry his pants.
       "Cool how you can do that." You smiled in return, and you swore that you saw a light tint of pink brushed on his face. "You're really clumsy," He teased playfully.
       "Whatever," You you giggled and blew wind to his face. His hair looked messed up after that, and you laughed harder.
       He held your hand and encased it in his ice, "That's what you get." He smirked.
       You held it over his head and he looked confused, but it was too late when he realized what you were doing. His eyes widened, and he tried to scoot his chair back. The water splashed on his head, and he pouted playfully. You dried him with your wind. You spent the rest of school talking about your quirks.

       It was time to get dismissed, and you started to pack your things and walk home, you felt something hold your arm, you looked back. Todoroki. "Yes, Todoroki?"
       He scratched the back of his head, "D-do you wanna hang out, like, for t-the project?"
       You thought it was cute when he stuttered, "Sure, that'd be great!" You smiled. "Where do you wanna go? I'm new here."
       "Well, we could go to an ice cream shop not too far from here."
       "Sure!" You two walked side by side to the ice cream parlor.
        The lady at the counter looked nice, "Hello, what would you like?"
        You answered first, "Can I have (Favorite flavor of ice cream.)"
       "Ok, and for you, young man?"
       "Oh, I'll have (Pick any random flavor)"
       "Got it! You two are such a cute couple!"
       "Thank you." You looked at Todoroki with your brow furrowed.
       You two picked up your ice cream and sat at a booth. "Why did you say that?"
         "She was just being nice." He answered blankly.
       "I guess that makes sense. Oh, and thank you for paying! Next time I'll pay!"
       "Not if I beat you to it." He smirked.
        "You won't." You smiled. You looked at his ice cream, it looked cool, you wanted to try it after you finished yours.
        He noticed, "You wanna try some?"
       "Its fine,"
       "You can try some if you want."
       "Uh, sure, thanks." He held his cup in front of you and took a scoop of it for you to try, and you tried it.
He saw your eyes light up, "I love it!"
       He just chuckles, "You can have it if you want."
       You were surprised at his kindness towards you, "No, it's fine."
       "Really, I mean it, I can tell you liked it."
       "You've so been so nice, I don't wanna cause you any more trouble."
        "We could share if you want me to have it so bad."
       "Really?"
       "Yeah, for real." He placed it on the table, and you ate away and chatted until you guys were finished. You had a digit of his ice cream on your nose, but you didn't notice it. He took his thumb and wiped it, your face flushed red as his hand made contact with your face. He smiled,  "We should get going and start the project." You two had to fill in some worksheets about each other.
        "Yeah we should."
        "Let's go to your house."
        "Sure," You led him to your house, and we're welcomed by your mother.
       "Hi sweetie! Who's this handsome young man?" She wiggled her eyebrows.
       "Mom!"
       "Ok, ok, sweetie, do whatever you need to..." She wiggled hey eyebrows again.
       "Ugh, mom..." You led Todoroki up to your room. You took out the worksheets from your bags. It was mostly easy stuff like, what's your quirk? You had to make a description of what happens when your partner uses their quirk. Since you had water manipulation, you can collect water, but you'd collect some of yours too, possibly dehydrating you. Todoroki watched as you used your quirk. You collected water from the cup on the table, you started to feel light-headed, but kept going you shaped the water into a sphere, but then you continued to feel light-headed. And hurried and put the water back into the cup. You realized that you didn't drink water at all.
       You grasped your head, you couldn't see straight. Todoroki hurried to you, grabbing his water and giving it you. You drank all the water, and he rested you on his shoulder. "Todo-"
       He put a finger to your lips, "Shh, just rest"
       "O~ok-" You were feeling better though. "Let's get back to the project."

       "Are you sure?" You try to get up and sit on your chair, he supported you, holding you. He demonstrates his quirk, like he did before. He made a small sphere like before. You took it, turning it into water and to splash in your mouth. He chuckled, "Hey, I need to start heading home now, mind if I get your number?"
       "Sure," You switched phones typing in numbers and names.
       "Thanks," He said before leaving.
       "Bye, I had fun!" And he gave a small smile. You walked back, with a wide smile plastered across your face.
       "Oooh, are you blushing!?"
       "Mom!"

        What was this burning sensation in your chest?

---

Thank you for reading! If you like xreaders, I am here! Read my Katsuki Bakugo x Reader Smile at the Commander! It also has a sequel!

Hi! I'm just adding this now but if you would like to join a Discord where you all can chat about my book, talk about anime, or just chat about anything! Listen to music, and voice chat if you would like! I just created this server November 25, 2020 so it's fairly new. I'm trying to build a community! Here's the link:

https://discord.gg/Px6g4eXV9q