chapter 76 | jeju

Jaehwa's POV

We all got in the car as I was grinning like an idiot. As a mom, I still had priorities so I look back to see if the kids were buckled in. Jiyeon smiles cutely making me even more happier.

"Appa? You don't have work today?" Jeongsan asks him curiously.

"Jeongsan.. Remember that surprise about this morning?" Jungkook says while driving. As usual, I was in a trance with his beautiful hands. But as soon as I heard 'surprise', I look up.

"Surprise!" Jiyeon screams. Literally me right now.

"So my first surprise is that I'm off from work for two weeks. And that is why I couldn't come home early lately and especially yesterday. And the second surprise involves appa's and eomma's friends. And their kids. You remember them, don't you?"

"Yeah of course! I was playing with them. Areum and Hyuna and Hyunki!" Jeongsan says happily.

"I have Ahraaa, Haruuu, MinMin, and Soraaa." Jiyeon says cutely.

"Good.. Now I've planned a trip for all of us." Jungkook starts getting us all excited. Busan? No. Jinhae? Boseong?

"We're going to Jeju Island!" Jungkook says as I hear the kids scream.

"We're going to Jeju Island! We're going to Jeju Island!" They start to chant. What is it with the chanting in the Jeon family? I smile at Jungkook as we reach the house. The kids run inside.

"Do the others know about it already?" I ask. He nods so I just smile as a response. I call Rosé.

*Ring Ring*

Rosé: "Hello?"

Jae: "Hi!"

Rosé: "Jae! I've missed you! Even though I saw like you a week ago."

Jae: "Are you excited about the Jeju thing?"

Rosé: "Yeah. I can't believe Jungkook got a house over there just for this trip." She says shocking me.

Jae: "Wait what?"

Rosé: "Yeah.. You didn't hear? Oops.. Sorry. Hey can I call you back later? Jimin just got home with Ahra."

Jae: "Yeah bye."

*Beep Beep*

Jungkook's POV

"Jungkook? You bought a house over there?" Jae comes over asking me.

"Yeah.. Well actually it's not technically bought. It was a gift from both our parents."

"And how much did that cost?" She asks worriedly.

"I hate lying to you. So please don't ask again or I'll have to tell you. But instead I can promise you to give you something else." I say stepping closer.

"Jungkook...", Jae says worried most likely about how much they spent. "Fine.. I trust you." She said sighing. I smile before leaning in to kiss her. She giggles before turning her head away to obviously tease me.

"I never agreed to that promise." She says. I pout at her before she walks away.

"Jeongsan! Jiyeon! Come over if you want fruits!" She yells before hearing them run down the stairs.

"Ttalgiiiiiii!!!" They both scream. They both loved strawberries just like Jae. I look at her smiling at them but continued pouting. She places out the fruits on the table waiting for the kids to sit down on the table. She then walks over.

"Jungkook.." She starts but all I did was stare at her.

"Kookie?"

"Golden Maknae?"

"Oppa?"

"Daddy?" She said smirking as it instantly caught my attention.

"Whatchu say?" I say now flipping the tables. She started backing down making me proud of the power I had over her right now.

"Nothing.." She said trying hard to stay smirking.

"You better wipe the smirk off or I'll kiss it off." I say before grabbing her waist.

"Appa.. Don't hurt eomma, okay?" Jeongsan says worrying. Hearing that, I let go, a bit hurt that my son would say that. Jae walks back over to the table, picking up Jiyeon to sit on her lap.

"My little hero.." I hear her say to Jeongsan while pinching his cheeks as he grins widely. From here, they look so cute. Jiyeon who was smiling so cutely. I shuffle over.

"Jeongsan.. You stole her from me." I say pouting.

"I could never. Eomma always talks about how much she loves you. Our bedtime stories are-"

"Jeongsan. That's enough." Jae interrupts blushing.

"But eomma. I love the stories." Jiyeon says making Jae hug her tighter.

"Now I'm curious. Tell me, Jeongsan." I say sitting next to him. Jeongsan looks over mouth full of strawberries.

"Sheu awwwlwayys" He starts but I just chuckle.

"Jeongsan. You can tell him but just wait until you're done." Jae says with a displeasing face. Jeongsan smiles before starting to chew faster. I was scared he would start choking but we waited a bit before Jeongsan sits up straight.

"Okay! Eomma always tells us stories of when you were younger. And about how she fell in love with you and how she always misses you when you're at work. She sometimes cries thinking about the fights you and eomma went through. But I love the stories. It's my favorite Once Upon a Time story." Jeongsan says as I listen carefully. I look up at Jae and see her cheeks tinted red. Jiyeon giggles whispering something to Jae.

"Hey! No secrets from me!" Jeongsan making me laugh. Ever since I started working, I've been so busy that I never really got the chance to spend a lot of time with the kids. Looking at them now, I realize they've grown so much. I grab Jae's hand making them all look at me.

"Jae.. Thank you so much for giving me this happiness." I said getting a tad bit emotional of what I have.

"Yah.. What's wrong with you?" Jae says chuckling at my sudden change of emotions. I shake my head to show it was nothing. Everything and everyone in front of me now makes me happy.

--- Time Skip ---

We finished dinner and now we were all playing a game of truth or dare. We never meant to play with the kids but Namjoon hyung accidentally told them about it. So they wanted to play it. Obviously, we had to play the innocent version which wasn't as fun but it was surprisingly okay because I got to learn more new things about them.

Jaehwa's POV

"Truth or dare, eomma!" Jiyeon screams.

"Umm..  Let's see.." I start.

"Eomma! Be fun!" Jeongsan yells to her making me chuckle at his cute expression.

"Fine. Dare."

"Eomma, I dare you to wuv appa for a weally long time. Forevoo!." She says making me smile.

"Sweetie..", I say tucking Jiyeon's hair behind her ear. "That's not a dare.."

"It is so!" She says making me chuckle again. She pouts looking at me.

"Fine.. Fine. I'll love him forever." I said making her smile. Jungkook grabs Jeongsan sitting him on his lap and scoots over next to me. So I grab Jiyeon into my lap as we all just laugh along.

"Come on.. Let's go pack. We're leaving tomorrow." Jungkook suddenly says shocking all of us.

"JEJU ISLAND!!!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you get to ever go to South Korea, where would you want to go first? Or if you've already gone, where was the first place you went to?