chapter 72 | gathering

Jaehwa's POV

Five minutes past and everyone was already here. And Jungkook wanted to throw this huge party with all the idols we know but that would be too many people. So we just invited the group and a few of our childhood friends. The door was just open as I was too lazy to open and close.

The sad thing is that Sooji can't come but her and her boyfriend sent us a card.

"Jungkook! Oh I missed you baby!" I hear someone yelling. I turn around as it was an unfamiliar face. I see a girl hugging Jungkook. Just at that moment, Hyungsik oppa comes up, shocking me. He's also a year older than me but we used to be in the same science and math class for two years in middle school and then english the next. So we grew to become friends and always help each other with our homework. But obviously, after I became an idol, we drifted apart.

"Hey.." He says blocking my view.

"I missed you. And I see you haven't changed a bit. You still look beautiful as usual." He says smiling. I couldn't say anything as it would be rude to leave now.

"Thank you.. You don't look too bad yourself. I see you've kept that dimple." I said looking over him keeping my eyes on Jungkook. But Hyungsik seems to notice and looks over to the direction.

"Is that Jungkook? Dang.. Did puberty hit him hard or what?" He says surprisingly.

"Yeah.. I guess.." I said trailing off my words as I was distracted.

"Okay.. I know you love Jungkook and all but am I really that boring? Or is it that girl you're so curious in?" Hyungsik says. I glare at him playfully but he does make a point though. I stay quiet.

"You jealous?" He says.

"No. I just don't know who that girl is." I say honestly. Then, someone bumps me. Being clumsy, I was about to drop the phone that was in my hand. Hyungsik grabs it from hitting the floor.

"Oh my god. You always save me from trouble. Thanks." I said super glad I didn't break my new phone. Someone then pokes me, startling me. I turn around to see Jungkook and the girl. Hyungsik escapes the situation knowing Jungkook.

"Hey babe.." Jungkook tells me before kissing me.

"Hi." I said. I look over to the girl and tilt my head.

"Hey! I'm his mistress." She says smiling. My smile doesn't immediately go away as I trusted Jungkook. But then, I awkwardly chuckle before him and the girl just start laughing.

"I'm just kidding, sweetie. I'm his noona. His brother's fiance. I'm Seoyun by the way." She says making me feel stupid.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you." I say.

"I'm sorry I couldn't have met you sooner. I would have come to your wedding but I was very busy. And woah.. Jungkook. You got yourself a good girl. She's patient, trusts you, and even her appearance is gorgeous. I can't wait to get to know her!" She says sweetly. She seems really nice and energetic. Junghyun, Jungkook's brother then comes up to us congratulating us.

"Jae! It's so good to see you! Congrats on the baby. Hopefully, you don't break anything." Junghyun oppa says.

"Geez Junghyun.. Don't say that." Seoyun says.

"Why?"

"No."

The couple start play fighting so Jungkook and I let them be as we also had something to do. Jimin offered to give a toast so right about now. It was hard to choose but we have to hand it to Jimin. If he had confessed or if he hadn't backed down, everything might have been different. And obviously, I have apple juice. Yeah.. Jungkook wouldn't even let me have cider because I can't have carbonated drinks.

"Excuse me!" Jimin says loud enough for everyone to hear. He gets their attention as everyone quiets down.

"Thank you.. First of all, I'd like to say thank you all for coming. It's been great seeing all of you here in this room." He says nicely. I guess he still had the habit of talking in front of people during his idol life. Speaking of idol life, what am I going to do? I might have to retire although I'm still pretty young. I want to take care of our baby and I want to become a full time mother. Maybe I should. Jimin then begins to talk again taking me out of my thoughts.

"If you could all please raise your glasses." Everyone raises their glasses as told.

"Congratulations to the JJ couple. Jeon Jungkook and Jeon Jaehwa. Throughout these years, I have seen them grow separately and together." Jimin starts already making me tear up. Jungkook notices and hugs me. Jimin looks over sincerely to me and smiles before continuing.

"Thinking from now, I really believe that they have matured. From the beginning, I remember Jae and I trash talking about Jungkook because she considered him as annoying." Jimin states making Jungkook gasp and so everyone started laughing. I giggles at him apologetically but he just gently kisses me on the head. As the laughter settled down, Jimin started talking again.

"But with the time that they spent together, she grew fond of him. That..", He stops for a bit. "That is the power of love. And you cannot change it against your will. Or as a matter of fact, anyone's will. But that is where the irony comes in. You don't have to change it. Even if you believe so. Cause deep in your heart. You know you love them. Jae. Kook. I wish you joy and happiness as we welcome the little bundle of joy from the power couple into our big family. I give you my best wishes and eternal love to the future of the newest family member. So let us drink to them. Cheers!" He finishes it off and I was so moved by the words he had just said.

"Cheers!" Everyone happily says and sips their champagne or whatever they were drinking. Jimin walks over and I couldn't stop my tears.

"I love you so much, Chim. Did you know that?" I said hugging him.

"No.. You could say it a few more times. See if I find it familiar." He says joking around.

"I love you."

"Hmm.. I could get used to hearing that a lot." He says chuckling.

"But you should probably get back to Jungkook. He's glaring at me." Jimin says making me chuckle. Jungkook takes over from there with an already jealous face. But still, he hugs me.

"I love you, baby girl. Jae, you are the number one that I treasure. I don't know what I'd do without you." He says. I already had enough tears in my eyes. I tried my hardest to keep my breathing together.

"Hey.. I don't say these things so you could cry."

"I know.. I'm just.. *cough* *cough*" I manage to start.

"Shh.. It's okay baby.. I know. I know." He says hushing me while caressing my hair.

"So when's my little bro coming?" Taehyung oppa says walking over and touching my stomach.

"Well, I'm about to burst soon. Hopefully in two months.." I say touching my stomach.

That's right. As everyone predicted, we have a son who we were going to name Jeongsan and he was now with Jae's parents. He was born in the winter. November 6. (The reason why I never actually revealed the gender was because I wanted it to be surprise for you readers. Hope you enjoyed the surprise!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you ever cried over a dream or am I just a wimp?