chapter 40 | empty

Jaehwa's POV

I wake up to the empty house and started getting ready to make lunch for Jungkook. I made a parfait out of plain yogurt and some honey with fresh fruits and luckily there was a banana milk in the fridge labelled with his name. I chuckle, taking it out and packing it along with the other sandwich.

 I chuckle, taking it out and packing it along with the other sandwich

Jaehwa

I hope he likes it. I wrap it all up in a box and start to gather all the bags that I prepared yesterday. I didn't have that much to take. Just the clothes and other stuff for Jungkook and his food and my phone and wallet. I walk outside not forgetting to lock the door. Right in time, a taxi passes by the street. I wave my hand and fortunately, the taxi stops. I walk over and get in.

"The hospital please." I say before we drove off. It took a while until I went to the office and signed in.

"Oh you're here again. You here for Jungkook?" The nurse says as she recognizes me.

"Yeah. That's nice of you to remember me." I said.

"I don't think I can ever forget seeing Kim Jaehwa.", She says smiling at me. "Anyway, you know where the room is. So just know, there's news for Jungkook. He can be released late at night today."

"Oh really? That is a relief. Oh then, I better go tell him." I said as she nods understanding.

"Miss He might have a visitor. Or was that yesterday?" She says, sort of confused. I mean, if I worked in a hospital, I would to. She must be busy all the time. It happens.

"Okay. Thank you.." I skip my way to his room, glad that he's recovering faster. But before I open the door, I heard voices. I stop in my tracks and frown. Huh. I guess he does have a visitor. I should probably give them some privacy. Making my way away from the door, I hear Jungkook yelling. I flinch at his sudden words.

"THAT'S NOT FAIR! I GAVE YOU A CHANCE!"

"Jungkook.. listen to me. I just want to know if she ever thought of anything of me." I hear the other man say. Wait, I know that voice. Jimin??

"Why? You had enough time. Why can't I?", Jungkook says. There was a silent pause until he speaks again. "Hyung, you're asking me to give her up. I can't do that. Not anymore." Are they talking about me? Does Jimin know about us? I lean in a little closer, listening. I mean if it's about me, it's not rude if I listen to a little, right?

"Jungkook, that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking for five minutes. Just five minutes to talk to her. Jungkook, I am begging you." Jimin says. Jimin keeps pacing back and forth across the room.

"Jimin, I don't think that's for me to decide." I hear Jungkook say in a softer voice than before. I was confused but then I remembered I needed to tell Jungkook he's getting discharged today. I knock on the door two times before slowly sliding the door open.

"Jaehwa." I hear both Jimin and Jungkook as they look at me, surprised.

"Hey, sorry.. Hope I wasn't interrupting anything. Jungkook. I came to tell you that they're releasing you today at night. Oh, and I brought lunch.", I said, holding up the bag. "I didn't know you'd be here, Jimin. Luckily, I made extra. You wanna join us for lunch?" I said, hoping he would so I could try to release some of the tension in this room.

"No. I can't. I couldn't." He says looking at Jungkook and then towards me.

"Come on. It'll be fun." I said smiling. I take his hand and bring him a little closer to Jungkook's bed. I signaled him to sit down and so he did. I sat down next to him as I take Jungkook's hand.

"You okay, Jungkook? How did you sleep?" I said.

"Fine." He replies shortly.

"So when did you come, Jimin?" I said looking back at him.

"Uhh.. About maybe 9." He says. I look at my watch and notice that it was almost 10. Had they been arguing and yelling at each other for an hour?

"Jae.. Thanks for coming." Jungkook says, holding my hand tightly.

"Of course.", I said, giving him a small smile. "So Jimin. How has the break been so far for you? How were your parents?" I said, trying to make conversation so that it wasn't awkward.

"Um.. Yeah. I went to go visit them. It's been four days and my mom wants me to stay for a while longer but our break's going to end in a day or so. So I really can't stay, you know?", He says, chuckling as I nod my head. I look up at him and smile before biting my lip, awkwardly. "We need to talk." Jimin says firmly. Jungkook sighs, closing his eyes. I could feel Jungkook's grip on my hand tighten, making me rub his hand soothingly with my thumb to calm him down.

"Jaehwa. I can't keep hearing this from others. I won't be mad. I just need you to tell me the truth. You like Jungkook.. Don't you?" Jimin says. I thought about it for a while. But what's the point in lying?

"Jimin. I.. I do."

"Thanks for telling me the truth. So are you guys together now or what?" He says, smiling. He didn't seem too sad or shocked.

"We are." I said as I look up at Jungkook. He seemed sort of mad about why I said that but we can't just keep Jimin in the corner and not tell him anything.

"Well, I really want to accept the lunch offer but I think I just need some time to think." He says. I nod understanding.

"Sorry, Jimin."

"Don't be. It's not your fault."

"I know everybody says this to make it easier for them but I really mean it. You deserve someone better. And I really hope you find that person.." I said.

"Thanks.... I'm going to leave now." He says as he opens the door and leaves. A few seconds after Jimin left, Jungkook stares at me.

"Why'd you tell him?"

"Jungkook.. I had to. We can't just not tell him. It's not fair. I mean.. Think about it. If I hadn't told him and lied, he would think he still has a chance or feel a little bit of relief. It's better he lets go of his feelings now than later, when it'll hurt more for him. I'm sure it was a mere crush. He'll get over it." I said. Jungkook looks at me and frowns but nods after.

"I don't know if you're mature or you're not.", He simply says. I give him a confused look as he chuckles in response. "Never mind.. Forget I said that."

Jimin's POV

Honestly, listening to their conversation after I left, it made sense. It was just a mere crush and I will be able to get over her. I think what she was saying made perfect sense. It was the right thing for her to do. And I thank her for that. Maybe next time, I can like someone who likes me back the same way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How do you feel about this whole thing? Feel bad for Jimin? Me too man. Me too. *cries bangtan forever*