Chapter 25

[Edited: 10.4.19.]

Chapter 25 | No one's pov

|Moon kingdom|

At the entrance of the Moon kingdom stood the four former Akatsuki members, Naruto, Hikaru, Yuki with Hiro and Michiru. Beforehand they all bid goodbyes as Naruto left with the four former Akatsuki members. Yuki wished to stay with Hikaru and Hikaru didn't mind in the slightest bit. Hiro of course went with his sister.

Tears were shed that morning and now a few were left. It was sad. Really. Naruto tried to soothe the crying Yuki and Hiro, "Hey, hey, don't be so sad. It's not like I'm going to be lost forever. We are going to see each other. Besides, we can always write letters. I have to go now. One last hug?", no one noticed the meaning behind it. No one but Itachi. His eyes sharpened for a moment and Naruto inwardly sighed. Of course he would understand. Geniuses these days.

Last... He doesn't have the intention to come back here.... but.... Naruto isn't like that. More like..... But of course, Itachi inwardly cursed but stayed emotionless and unmoving on the outside. He either has the intention to die, just like me, his mind whispered quietly, or he thinks he'll die.

Meanwhile Naruto spread his wings and waved back. Konan, Obito and Nagato already henged and were on his shoulders. Itachi just stared blankly until Naruto called his name. He snapped out of it and henged into a raven. Sighing they flied away. This is going to be a long, long day... Obito began to bicker with Naruto over something and Itachi felt a headache coming already, as did Konan and Nagato. Scratch that, this is going to be a unbearable day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They didn't know what hit them when all of a sudden it began to get windy.
Something, or rather someone caught Naruto's eye. Sasuke. Naruto quietly sighed and rolled his eyes in a clear sign of annoyance. His companion seemed to notice. Of course. Can't nothing ever go good with me?
With you? Of course not. You are the trouble itself. Gee, thanks for comfort. Anytime. Naruto inwardly glared at the fox but stayed stoic on the outside. He continued flying and tried to escape without having to fight Sasuke.

That is until a big purple thing appeared some yards away from them. He cursed none too quietly and summoned a clone which took the other three henged people. His eyes stayed glued to the front but he questioned Itachi who still flied with him, "What are you still doing here?" Itachi didn't answer rather stared ahead. And when they were near enough the blonde noticed Sasuke in the purple thing. He didn't look all too good. I mean physically. He looked like a mad man, wearing that mad grin and those mad eyes. Maybe he was really mad?
"My, my, hello there.... Naruto", okay so that maybe can be erased, and replaced by definitely. He is definitely mad, crazy or well simply put-
Out of his mind.
He has a mind? Naruto played surprised and turned to Kurama (inside his mind of course) and Kurama grinned down at him.
Hmm, who knows...

Meanwhile Itachi settled on a tree nearby and watched the whole thing going on. He would interfere only if needed.

Sasuke stepped forward and was about to open his mouth when Naruto interrupted him, "Look, I'm sure you are not here to talk. What do you want?" Naruto glared at him heatedly while Sasuke's grin remained.

"Not talkative today? That's unusual for you, idiot." To Sasuke's surprise, Naruto didn't scream back or flip out. The blond just stands there watching him calculatingly. The raven's look looked like one of a hunter looking at it's prey. Naruto on the other hand looked like a deer caught in highlights.

Naruto sighed, closed his eyes for a quick while, opened them again and glared at the mad Uchiha before speaking, "Sasuke... You bastard. What have you done? You look like.... shit." Itachi twitched as Naruto deadpanned the obvious.

Sasuke twitched too and grew a little tick mark, "Quit this, let's battle!" Sasuke continued his maniacal laughter Naruto stared at him unimpressed while growing a tick mark.

"Right, right. If I didn't know better I would've thought you were a reincarnation of a certain someone."

Sasuke glowered at him and charged with his Susanoo. Naruto jumped away and went into Kyuubi Mode.

He glanced back at his wings and sealed them back. The blonde didn't want them to go in his way or get injured.

The fight began and Itachi could only hope that this would end good. He knew better though...

Something like that, wouldn't have a happy end.

TBC