Chapter 12

[Edited: 7.4.19.]

Chapter 12|No one's pov

|Small village|

The old lady made a handsing, "Kai." Naruto gasped, "No-no way!"

"Yes way."

"Hikaru!", Naruto jumped on the now known Hikaru. Hikaru who was about twelve couldn't really hold him too much and fell. “How are you?! How did you come here?! How did you henge?! Why?! When?! How?! What?! Who?! -”

“Ahem.”
The two turned to Yuki who watched everything going on. Naruto cleared his throat and helped him up. You and Yuki have definitely something in common. Naruto blushed in embarrassment and looked away. “Anyway, I came here when I heard of what happened. Those awful people. I learned henge with one shinobi there. Anyway, we're gonna stay here for today. We're gonna travel to the moon country tomorrow. I have some decent clothes for all of you.”
“Damn brat, you matured.” Hikaru grinned slightly, “Yea I did. By the way I'm not a ninja I just know henge.” Naruto gave him a questioning look but left the subject.

“Alright. The night is slowly coming so I'll make something to eat. Yuki, do you need help with Hiro?”, Yuki shook her head. Hiro was still asleep. “Alright, what do you want?” Hikaru shrugged along with Yuki. “Dunno.” {I just noticed that I literally made a copy of Hiro Hamada and didn't even know it ;-;.}

Naruto sighed and went to the kitchen. Damn, kids these day.

The remaining day was spent talking about everything.

|Unknown|

“Hello, Uchiha Itachi”, the same voice that confronted Obito greeted. Itachi's eyes narrowed, “Who are you?”

The voice tsk-ed in annoyance, “Figures. Anyway -”

“Show yourself or I'll kill you”, interrupted Itachi.
The threat felt so fake, even to Itachi's own ears. So impossible.

“With your blindness and illness. I think not”, it was mocking him.

And he knew he was losing. As for that, he stayed quite. “You know. I'm actually surprised and impressed. You didn't fall for the Uchiha's hatred. My respect resembles a whole fire country but see what turned out of your brother. That spoiled brat. Arrogance and ignorance are bad thing's and bad things lead to bad thing's.”

Itachi stayed quite, still. Not voicing his opinion or comments. He however had a feeling that the voice knew everything.“You Uchiha's are fools. You're one of the smallest though. But one nonetheless.”

Itachi didn't deny it. For he knew it was the hard truth. “You choose Konoha over your clan. Your love for the village was bigger than that for your clan. Loyalty is a lie...”

Itachi remained emotionless, on the inside though he was a mess.

“If only you had explained everything to Sasuke, it would have turned out differently. While he may be an arrogant and ignorant idiot he is just a child. A child who had to see his clan's death. Which, not to mention, was caused by his own brother. His sole dream, life, reason was killing his brother. And then? He didn't think about that. He needs some sense knocked into him. He suffers a lot, not as much as you did but nonetheless.”

Itachi's eyes widened just a little bit before his mask fell back in place.

“Even now, you're still a spy. All for your village, a village who wants to kill you. I didn't mean for you to hate it. I just merely.....”

And the voice disappeared just like that. Leaving Itachi with a puzzle of his own.

|Unknown|

An ill Nagato sat, black receivers attached to his back. It was sucking his chakra, his life force. He -though would deny it- had regrets in his life. Many actually.
From not succeeding in protecting his late parents, Fuso and Ise [It are really their names, I looked in Narutopedia], to not protecting his late best friend Yahiko, not giving his partner Konan a better life to actually being attached in this thing.

“Well, it's never too late to leave...”, the unknown voice whispered again. Nagato tensed.

“Relax, dying stick. I'm merely a voice, mind you.”

Nagato was speechless. For god's sake, speechless. He was never ever speechless (Including the fact that he didn't really talk much). Oh well, it may be right. I look like a dying stick and well I am a dying stick.

“Truth hurts, huh.”

“Indeed. Who are you?”

“For god's sake. How much times are you people gonna ask that. Can't you just hear me out?!”, the voice whisper-yelled to itself (probably).

Nagato began coughing (again). Konan was not with him since l there was an Akatsuki meeting.

“How-How do you know ab-about m-e?, it was hard for him to speak. Chakra sucking jutsus do that to you.

“Geez, shut up. I'm gonna help you a bit so that you don't die while I'm talking. Wouldn't be a pleasant sight, mind you.”
And before Nagato could say anything (more like protest) he felt as if chakra was being given to him. Not too much but it was definitely strong. Strange fact was that he felt a hand touching him on the shoulder as the chakra came. I thought no one was in the room.

As far as he knew, he could still see (as much as you could see through hair) and wasn't blind. But there was no one in the room and he felt no presence or forgein chakra.

“Don't bother asking anything. Anyway, why did you join the Akatsuki?”

Sighing Nagato started to explain, “It all started...”

Timeskip | After the explanation

“I see.”

Nagato didn't reply, he didn't even know why he told the voice. It could be a trap for all he knew.

“You know, your rinnegan is a powerful eye. Where did you get it?”

Nagato was caught off guard. “I, I don't really know.”

“I see. Well, it seems that someone transferred the rinnegan in you at your birth or even before. Hmm...”

“What?!”

And just like that the voice disappeared, leaving Nagato with a puzzle of his own. Somehow, despite the weird situation, he believed that the voice (or person) wouldn't tell his secret. More like it wished to help him. To let him figure it out himself.
He found himself smiling after all this time, just a tiny smile.

When Konan came back she nearly had a heart attack. Nagato looked just a little healthier and smiled a little bit.

TBC