Chapter 16

[Edited: 8.4.19.]

Chapter 16|No one's pov

There was, once upon a time, a forgotten legend of people who never had any chakra.

It was said that chakra appeared so suddenly, that no one knew where it came from, nor could anyone find out.

That question bugged Naruto a long time. He wished to know, to explore. But alas, there wasn't anyone who could answer that question for him. Not alive at least. But Naruto had no interest in playing with the dead, he wasn't that selfish. So he hid his curiosity and pressed it away, locking it safely somewhere in his mind.
With time he forgot about the question, like many questions that he had and many curiosity he hoped to satisfy. The same thing happened with his feelings. Surely he knew that feelings were necessary and that he couldn't hide forever but he tried. And sometimes, just sometimes

he didn't even notice that it was a mask.

|Akatsuki hideout|

The hideout was damaged, badly. Two dead corpses layed on the cold floor. Ignored or forgotten. Inside his mind Naruto cursed curses of all kind. His sage mode should stop in thirty seconds. But, much to his luck, he succeed in killing the most important of the six paths. The one who revived them form the death. He needed to disappear and regain his strength for the time being. He bit his lower lip in worry. I, I have to use them, don't I? Kurama sighed at his kit but nodded. I really hate activating them. Me too, kit. Me too. With that said, he revealed his last stage. He activated the Kami no me.

His eyes changed in light blue and light violet colors. His wing straightened and glowed. The orange chakra disappeared. The eyes seemed to judge everyone who looked in to them. So they looked away. Because those eyes reflected their regrets, their mistakes. And no one was ever ready to face their mistakes.

And as of now, the Akatsuki had an disadvantage. If they couldn't look him in the eyes, then they couldn't really see his intentions. Naruto didn't hesitate to attack, and needless to say that the fight was already decided, or so it seemed.

Punch after punch was thrown, kick after kick and dodge after dodge. People remained lifeless on the blood filled floor, corpses. Comrades and enemies had fallen. Or they would have, had they been comrades.

In the end, only an exhausted Itachi stood standing along with Konan. Madara or now Obito, disappeared for his own safety. Pain died but Nagato remained alive, though he didn't know how. The fight lasted for seconds, minutes, hours maybe even days. Which Naruto certainly hoped it didn't. He was exhausted and slowly everything started to blur.

Wait a minute, where is Hikaru?

He didn't have the time to worry because the blackness overcame him. 

TBC