Chapter 20

[Edited: 9.4.19.]
Warning: A bit OOC-ness

Chapter 20 | No one's pov

The morning arrived too soon in Naruto's opinion. He turned around but somehow he felt warmer than usual. He felt somewhat safe. That was a feeling he would embrace gladly, so he did. He embraced the feeling that was lying next to him. Just then his mind slowly registered that feelings don't have forms. He opened his eyes and jumped away. Itachi watched, totally amused at the other's behavior.

"A little jumpy?"

"Damn you! This is all your fault. If you didn't come then this wouldn't have happened!"

The played annoyance in Naruto's voice wasn't very convincing, the flushed face proved the fact. A cough interrupted their one-sided glare contest. Why did I blush?

Because let's state it. He's handsome and you two fell asleep cuddling.

Shut up Kurama! This ain't funny!

Yea right. And bimbo's got a chest.

Well,... You, you can't just compare her none existent chest and his handsome body- oh shit!

Oh shit indeed.

Tell me I didn't just think that!

You didn't just think that.

Phew.

You always thought that.

I so didn't! It was just now!

Naruto's eyes widened and he blushed little by little. [I don't get it, what's with people and blushing. I think I never blushed, at least not for a crush.]

You just admitted it. Kurama's sly voice hurt Naruto's pride. Kurama would always be the only one who could hurt his pride. Why not act on your thoughts. I would've jumped at that prince charming. Ah honestly, it's so funny to annoy him.

Yea right. Prince charming my ass. Killing me and you is really charming. Killing his whole clan as well. Man, Kurama, sometimes I think you're plain weird.

The sarcasm in his voice was undoubtedly heard. Kurama rolled his eyes and replied:

Says the right one.

What's that supposed to mean?!

Their argument was cut short when Naruto registered the coughing fit Obito had, which was caused by Obito coughing while trying to get Naruto's darn attention.

"Are you sick?" The look of shock made Itachi, Konan and Nagato laugh. They held it back though.
Obito groaned and pulled at his hair.
He sighed and mocked Naruto, "Are you dumb?"

Naruto shook his head.
"No. I am Naruto." The others burst into laughter [Itachi chuckled while Obito fumed in anger.]

"I can't believe with what idiots I have to live. God! Oh god! Do you really hate me so much? What did I ever do wrong?"

"Actually -"

"Shut up, for the love of-oh god, please shut up!"

While Obito rudely interrupted Itachi, Naruto looked around in a bored manner. He sighed in annoyance, "Come on, let's get going. You all need to henge into birds."

The others, mostly unsatisfied, nodded and made the henge. Nagato was a normal everyday bird (as much as a red bird can be an everyday bird), Konan henged into a brown bird with a bit of purple while Itachi and Obito turned into two ravens.

"Good, we're gonna fly.. let's go." They didn't need to be told twice and quickly flew into the air. When they were in the air they began to fly forwards, though the other three weren't as fast as Naruto and Itachi. Naruto sighed and motioned for them to sit on his shoulder, which Obito, Nagato and Konan did. Itachi watched it all unfold and to say at least he was amused.

"Ano sa, ano sa, Itachi how do you fly so fast? I mean.... you're a raven." Itachi chuckled (which gave Naruto the creeps). "Who said it was my first time flying. Also, why didn't we use shunshin or kamui? Your hirashin would've been a good idea too, wouldn't it?"
That teasing tone in his voice irritated Naruto to no end. His eye twitched while a tick mark appeared on his head.

Naruto's pov

"Of course I thought about it!" Okay, that might've been a lie. Itachi gave me that are-you-sure look, which I didn't know how he did. I mean he's a raven right now. I gave him a glare in return, that of course didn't faze him in the slightest. I sped up my pace. He shouldn't be able to match me in my full speed. I sped up even more. I looked behind me to see that Itachi wasn't in view. I turned to the front again but stopped when an arrow, yes arrow, appeared out of nowhere and shot into my left wing. Shit! I could feel myself falling. The three screams in my ears weren't helping in the slightest bit. The pain that shot trough me when the arrow went into my wing was brutal. Wings were very sensitive.

We were about to hit the ground when I felt arms around me. Strong arms. The person continued jumping on like they didn't just caught me. "Are you okay?" Was that concern in Itachi's voice? Nah, probably my imagination. Wait, why would I imange something like that? Kurama is messing with my mind. For real. I nodded at Itachi and calmed down my brutally beating heart. I voiced my sarcasm out though, "Yea, I'm okay, it's not like I just nearly died. And injured my wing, I'm just perfectly fine", I snapped and glared up to him. He seemed amused by my behavior and.... when did he even un-henge and how did he come here before me? Damn him!

He whispered in my ear "Don't be feisty, Naruto. I just saved your life."

TBC