Chapter 22

[Edited: 9.4.19.]
Warning: OOC-ness - it has to happen because otherwise this romance would be nonexistent. More than it already is

Chapter 22 |No one's pov

"Uhm..." Ah yes, awkward situations. They happen very often. And now was no better. Naruto woke up and saw that he was in Itachi's arms. He tried to get out butItachi wouldn't let him. It was about ten minutes later that Naruto grew bored. He was feeling uncomfortable because of Itachi and now he was bored. Just then he got an idea. But that was sadly abandoned when Kurama interrupted:
Why don't you just wake him up?
And Kurama waited patiently at the answer he knew he wasn't going to get. Sometimes it was good he could read his containers thoughts. Ah yes, blackmail was gold.

Naruto didn't even try to hide his stupidity and sighed. He sighed again, damn, I need... coffee. He sighed again.
You don't even like coffee.
"Yeah? Well, I should try it." He sighed yet again. Suddenly a chuckle interrupted his thoughts. To his utter horror, Itachi chuckled and watched him, amusement clear in his eyes "Good morning to you too, Naruto. What should you try?" Heat was slowly but surely climbing it's way to his cheeks. Quickly he cleared his troath and emptied his face and voice of any emotion, "Nothing." Itachi glanced at him and decided to let it be. He let out a yawn and ran a  trough his hair. Which was still in a low ponytail. Does he ever do that off? How does he sleep with that? A chuckle once again broke Naruto's thoughts. "Hmm, well, maybe." Realizing that he spoke his thoughts out, he blushed. Naruto turned around and saw that Yuki and Hiro weren't in their sights. He sighed and opened a scroll from a nightstand. He bit his thumb and the yukata from yesterday appeared. He took off his shirt and slid on his yukata. Just then he got his pants off. He grinned when he realized Itachi was staring, "Neh, like what you see? Take a picture, it'll last longer."

Itachi snapped out of his staring and dressed as well. He was in a black yukata.

Nodding at each other, they moved out of the room. When they arrived at the kitchen, they were surprised to find Hikaru and Yuki holding Hiro by his hands. They were laughing and it warmed both of their hearts, even if they would not feel it, at least a bit.
"Why are you wearing yukatas and not kimonos?" A voice, which appeared to be Michiru, asked them. Naruto glanced at Itachi and then back at Michiru. He smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his head, habits die hard, "I didn't actually have a good enough kimono and I wanted to wear this, it was from my father."
Michiru nodded and smiled brightly at them. Itachi didn't bother to reply, instead stared at the children. Naruto shook his head at Itachi and sighed mumbling something about, "socially retarded people, that's who Uchiha's are." Michiru looked at him confusedly. "It's nothing Michiru-sama, Itachi-san, here, lacks a bit social skills." Michiru looked even more confused, "... Alright. But you can drop the -sama." Naruto shook his head, "I insist, Michiru-sama."
Michiru shook his head at him and sighed. The kids ran at Naruto and hugged him. Naruto hugged them back but he was cautious, after all his wings were still injured and it hurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After some hours they all went to the festival. Many people looked at them weirdly because of their yukata's. It was freezing outside, though that didn't stop many people from wearing kimonos. Many women blushed at them, their eyeing was making Naruto a bit uncomfortable but he smiled nonetheless. Itachi on the other hand didn't give a damn. He was in a henge, there weren't any lines of stress under his eyes (which were usually there) and his eyes were a deep crimson. No one really knew of the Itachi Uchiha (this was a peaceful country) and those who did, couldn't regnoize him.
Naruto henged as well, there weren't any whisker marks. Otherwise things were fine. Naruto had every intention of having fun and he really did have fun, playing games, buying sweets and doing other things. Itachi was enjoying himself, he was eating dango's and it was tasting heavenly. If this wasn't heaven then he didn't know what was.

The dango's were a painful memory though. It was after he became a genin. He was sitting by the little lake with Izumi. His late girlfriend. She brought a pair of dango's with her and he became angry. He glared at her and she sweatdropped at him. After that, she gave him a stick with three dangos on it. Ah yes, the horror of killing your clan was great, but the horror of killing your close one's was incredible. He nearly flinched remembering that night.

He sighed at the girls who winked at him and the boys who glared at him.
Hey, it wasn't his fault that he was handsome. Uchiha genes were strong.
Damn them. Naruto thought while eyeing Itachi once in a while. Itachi, of course, saw it and smirked. He even winked at Naruto. Naruto gave h the middle finger and turned around.

Itachi walked casually to him (Naruto was on a stand, where you get a gun and must shoot one of the ducks in order to get something) and tipped him on the shoulder. Naruto jumped a bit, causing him to shoot beside the duck. He turned around and glared at Itachi. Itachi just walked to the owner, gave him a few coins, got the gun and shot a duck. The owner smiled and gave him a big red pillow in the form of a heart where stood 'I love you'. Itachi bowed to him and walked away, grabbed Naruto's hand and dragged him with him. Naruto glared even more at him when they got on a cliff.
He was about to shout at him when Itachi pushed the pillow in his chest, sat down on the grass and looked at the sky. Naruto blinked owlishly at him.

TBC