Chapter 23

[Edited: 9.4.19.]
Warning: OOC-ness, cursing

Chapter 23|No one's pov

"T-thanks", Naruto stuttered out feeling quite stupid for accusing Itachi of something. He laid down next to Itachi as well, never glancing away. Wherever from precaution or wonder. It didn't matter. He sighed and hugged the pillow to his chest. He would never admit it, but he thought it was really sweet. He never got any gifts from anyone, aside the third, Jiraiya and the necklace from Tsunade. Maybe a gift from someone whom he saved but other than that, not really. Birthdays were mostly celebrated with... Naruto shuddered to even think about them. That was really sweet from Itachi. But, like said, he would never admit it.

Itachi didn't respond to his thanks, rather stared at the dark sky. Just when Naruto was about to question why they were on a cliff, a noise caught his attention. Naruto's eyes widened when he too looked at the sky. Firework. He watched as one after another exploded, a few exploded together — more often than not. Not in the state to whisper anything but, "Wow, it's beautiful." Itachi nodded at his statement, but he wasn't looking at the firework. Rather on Naruto himself.

And this was the night they, for the third time, once again didn't notice how they slept in each others arms. It didn't matter that they were in the open (public) nor that this was wrong. Actually, no one said it was wrong Naruto left his musings and drifted slowly off to sleep. Itachi, not too long ago, went to sleep too. In the end Itachi laid on the grass, Naruto to his left and they embraced each other (they used the pillow as a pillow, since it was big enough). And that was alright, they could lie afterward all they wanted, for now they would seek comfort (or so it said) from each other.

~~~~~~~

The next few days Itachi and Naruto avoided each other. The others saw it but didn't comment, that is until Obito had enough. "For fucks sake, I know that there is some sexual tension between you two but seriously?!" Konan added smiling, "It's so big, you could cut it with scissors. You should masturbate or something." Naruto scowled at them but a light pink went unnoticed. Itachi on the other hand rolled his eyes and frowned at them. Both glared at Obito and Konan. Michiru, Nagato, Yuki and Hikaru tried their hardest not to laugh but it just wasn't enough.

Itachi and Naruto glared at them too, before leaving the room. They both went outside and Naruto stretched his wings and yawned. Itachi frowned at him and hugged him from behind. Naruto nearly jumped out of his skin and on reflex rammed his elbow in Itachi's stomach. Itachi let out a painful breath and Naruto turned around. His eyes widened when he saw Itachi, "Sorry, Itachi! I didn't know that was you!" Itachi merely waved in a 'dismissed' manner but still held his stomach. "It's nothing. I.... just wanted to congratulate you..." Naruto's eyes widened but he played dumb, "What for?" Itachi smiled (stunning Naruto in process), "Happy birthday." Naruto's eyes widened even more "How did you know?" Itachi winked at him, "Somehow. Here." He showed a little package in Naruto's hands and walked away. But before he was out of reach, Naruto yelled, "Thank you!"

The next day Naruto walked around with a necklace full of lovely stones.
His necklace from Tsunade tucked in his scroll. And that necklace from Itachi really did suit him.

TBC