Chapter 8

As promised, here is the newest chapter of Pretty Girl. I am so excited for you to see what happens! I love you all oh so much. This chapter....you just wait and see until you see what happens in this book. *stressed face* xoxox I love you! 

***********************

CHAPTER 8: Sydney woke up slowly, feeling more content than she had ever felt in a very-very long time. 

She snuggled into the warm arms around her and felt them tighten as though to never let go. That's odd, she thought with a soft sigh. 

Her eyes shot open and she flew out of the bed so fast she tumbled onto the carpeted floor with a soft "oomph." She tried to catch her breath as she got to her knees and then stood.

 He looked amazing, even as he slept, and she watched as his chest rose and fell in soft breaths. Her eyes went to the new tattoo on his chest that decorated his left pec muscle. She shook her head and looked away, rubbing her hands over her face in an attempt to rid herself of the thoughts that swirled in her head mercilessly.

 She needed to get a grip on herself. 

This was Marcello. 

Sure she had never made her feelings go away completely for him, but she had made herself forget about him before. She could do it again. 

She had to remember that he was getting married and that he had a fiancé that was waiting for him as soon as he got back.

 And he would go back to her, Sydney knew it. He had just come to get her because she was Alice's best friend—just an obligation. Nothing but. 

Grabbing some jean shorts and a floral blouse, she went into the bathroom to throw on her clothes, wash her face and brush her teeth before trying to comb the rat's nest on her head. When she was done, she walked out of the bathroom—finding the brothers awake. 

She stopped momentarily in her steps as her eyes shot to the both of them. They stared back at her and she was the first one to look away, not daring to meet Marcello's gaze. 

She didn't want to see the resentment or regret that she knew would be there. She made her way over to the bed to plop down at the bottom of it, pulling some small ankle socks on before pulling on her ankle boots.

 "Good morning, gorgeous." Antony said as he walked by, dropping a kiss onto the top of her head. She glanced up for half a second before looking back down, mumbling a quick, 

"Morning." He leaned against the wall as she got to her feet, eyes on her legs, jaw clenching before he looked at Marcello and then down at his feet, arms crossed over his chest. 

Clearing his throat, he gave a snarky reply. "Well, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." 

Sydney's eyes rounded and shot to Marcello and to the bed and then back to Antony. She realized what he had really been meaning and almost sighed with relief. There was no way he knew she had slept with Marcello last night.

 She forced a scowl. "Go away, I have a migraine."

 Antony smirked and pushed off the wall as Marcello clapped his hands together. "Okay, we need to get going. Grab whatever you can." He told them. 

Antony and Sydney did as he said, Antony going out first before she followed, Marcello holding open the door for her. Her eyes strayed to him instinctively and she swallowed hard as she found his eyes already on her. 

She pretended she didn't notice and continued walking until she got to the car. They put the bags into the trunk, deciding to leave one of the cars at the motel so that if anyone was trailing them they wouldn't know that they switched cars at the motel.