Chapter 16

Hi, my lovelies! I know how long it has been and I am so sorry. Things have been crazy and I have been really sick and one of my doggies died and then I have been totally renovating my house. But, I am back. I hope with all my heart you guys enjoy and that you know how much I love and care for you guys and how happy reading your comments makes me:) I love you! ENJOY!

******************************

CHAPTER 16: Sydney fiddled around for a while around the house, completely avoiding the guys at any and all cost until she knew she couldn't any longer because she had to go to get the stuff to start making dinner. 

She decided to make salmon, asparagus and homemade rolls, along with a plate of chocolate chip cookies for Piper to take home. 

She felt like it was the least she could do for having Piper help her and when she had told Piper that her life was in danger, Piper hadn't asked any questions except for one, inquiring, "When would you like me to be there?"

 And that was it. 

She said she would head over around 6:30 and they had hung up. 

Sighing, Sydney realized that in addition to going to the grocery store, she also needed to go to the liquor store to pick up some wine to pair with dinner. She grabbed her tan cross body bag and skipped down the stairs only to find that Antony was watching football and Marcello had his long legs crossed on top of each other at the ankle, propped up on the coffee table. 

When she got to the bottom of the stairs, they both looked up at her, their emerald green eyes so similar it was almost eerie at times. "Oookay, 'Shining twins',' She mumbled, but continued on. 

"I have to go to get stuff for dinner with Piper. I will be back soon." She hurried to the door and opened it, naively hoping that she would be able to slip out the door without one more word to the brothers that were making her confused and driving her crazy. 

Alas, she was just that...naive.

 As soon as she scooped the keys up off the countertop to the door and had started pulling it open, Marcello had leaped over the back of the couch, his big, tall form landing gracefully as he was suddenly pulling the door shut. 

Antony was just as quick, his hand on her arm, pulling her hand away from the door knob. 

Her lips thinned in irritation. 

"Are you fucking nuts?" Marcello hissed while Antony scowled at her. 

"No, but I know two people in this room that are completely." She smirked, bitterly sweet and completely fake.

 Marcello didn't comment on her remark, but Antony did respond. "No, you must be if you think you are going to be let to leave this house alone or hell, even leave the house." 

Sydney turned on them both, her anger reigniting. She knew that they were just trying to protect her, but they didn't know how long they would be here and she refused to be cooped up in the house. 

So she said exactly that. "Sydney, your life is in DANGER. Someone wants YOU dead. If you need something, ask us and one of us will go out and get it." Marcello told her sternly, but gently. 

She softened at his tone, but still insisted. "I refuse to hide away, waiting and getting depressed. I understand that it probably isn't the greatest idea for me to go alone, but please...Don't keep me locked up here like I am fucking Rapunzel in a tower. Can we compromise?"

 Marcello and Antony looked at one another before nodding. "I will go with you this time." He said and Antony opened his mouth, looking perturbed, but Marcello narrowed his eyes in a way that silently said, 'I dare you to say anything about it,' and Antony promptly shut his mouth.