Chapter 1

Hi my lovelies :) I am back and I have a new chapter for you! I am so excited for you guys to read (as always, because you are all the most amazing people ever) I hope with all my heart that you enjoy! The next chapter will be up soon, its already written! MY birthday is on the 23rd! I am excited! I love you guys. Xoxo -Hannah<3

***************************************************

CHAPTER 1: Sydney came out of the memory, watching the water ripple below her as she stared out, watching it on the bridge—feeling cold to the bone that had nothing to do with it being fall in Paris.

She rarely let herself think about that night or the nights that followed it, but she found lately-she hadn't been able to help herself—and rightfully so.

It crossed her mind at least three times a day, once while she was in the shower, once while she was out and about and lastly, at night when she laid in bed wide awake.

What she didn't think of a lot was the aftermath of the incident.

She had been in foster care for nearly 3 months as her mother had relentlessly tried to get custody back of her daughter and after awhile of fighting the courts, she had custody back only as long as she never had contact with Richard A. Pierston ever again.

Ciara had agreed without a single moment of hesitation.

A shiver tickled up the back of Sydney's neck and her brow furrowed as she slowly removed the black ray-bans from her face and looked over her shoulder.

She couldn't explain it for the life of her but she felt as though she was being watched. She had felt it before, but nothing had ever come of it. She shook her head and put her sunglasses back on the bridge of her nose, walking away from the bridge and the water that flowed underneath of it.

She hated water or at least, she hated deep water.

She hadn't taken a bath ever since that night. Sure, she had tried, but just the sound of the water rushing into the bath made bile burn the back of her throat. So, she only took showers now.

It was that simple.

And she never went swimming, had no clue how to and as of right now had no desire to learn. Sydney had been living in Paris for the last 6 months and to say she was homesick, was an understatement.

She had never liked leaving her hometown where all of her family and friends lived. She missed all of them. She missed her mother, Ciara, her best friends Layla and Alice. She missed Layla's adopted little girl, Hazel.

She missed Natalie and Giovanni, who had been like aunt and uncle to her.

She missed Marcello and Antony, Alice's twin brothers.

She missed the laughs.

Now everything only felt dark and for the first time ever, she had been on her own, completely, nobody to turn to. She had been to Paris multiple times for different modelling events, but she always left.

It was a vacation.

Here, and now, she was living here. It wasn't a mere vacation. Most people would be happy to have been here, but this wasn't Sydney's choice.

No...

Someone had made this choice for her...

4 MONTHS AGO- Sydney was exhausted. Mentally, emotionally, and physically. Her bones throbbed, her heart ached and her head pulsed.

Her friend Layla had been attacked, but was finally doing better and had thankfully come out of the situation, even if she had been left with scars.