Chapter 28

Hey guys! Three chapters in one night! I know, right? I am proud of myself for finally being a writer again! hahaha. Alrighty, this is the last chapter for tonight. I will be uploading the next chapter soon! The next chapter that is coming and the ones that follow are going to be intense...so grab on tight, grab some snacks and enjoy the ride... ;-) The song for this chapter is 'Retrograde by James Blake'. As I was writing it, I thought it was perfect, *especially so* for the revelation at the end of this chapter... DUN DUN DUN....lol 

I appreciate you! I will update soon with a new chapter! xoxox

Love you guys! 

Love always, your girl, 

Hannah<3

*************************************************

CHAPTER 28: Sydney woke to sunlight streaming in golden rays through the sheer curtains of her window while the alarm on her phone beeped annoyingly. 

Groaning, she flopped over and grappled along the top of the nightstand for the phone that was making the awful noise before her fingers finally came into contact with it. She sighed and pulled it to her, finally making the sound cease. 

She dropped the phone on her bed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes right as memories from the night before assailed her. She felt her whole entire body flush from the tip of her heads to the top of her toes. 

She cursed herself.

 Why did she left that happen when she knew that today Marcello would be regretting it, regretting the connection that had been forged only to cause her more pain and heartache, but even as the thought entered her mind, she shut it down.

 No, she would simply tell herself that last night was nothing but a few mind-shattering orgasms and nothing but that. She groaned and turned onto her side to look at where Marcello had been sleeping, hating that she could still smell him on the pillows, on the sheets...on her skin.

 She furrowed her brows when she noticed a note on the pillow. That was something that had never happened with Marcello before. 

Sitting up, she unfolded the paper and read it.

Good morning, Pretty Girl. I didn't have the heart to wake you, you looked so peaceful-which isn't something I see often, so I wanted to let you sleep. Thank you for last night, it truly was my pleasure. Thank you for being you, Pretty Girl. You make everything brighter. Come get some coffee when you are ready. Going to go get things ready for Alice and mom visiting today. Take your time.

P.S. I've never seen something so beautiful as watching you curl up against my chest and sigh all happy in your sleep. I haven't slept that good in months...maybe years.

Instead of feeling a rush of happiness come over her, she only felt a wave of confusion.

 Why was he so different now? 

Sure, he'd called things off with Stacy...but everything else...was the same. 

The reasons-whatever the fuck the stupid reasons he contended to have-would still be there, surely.

 So why was he acting like this was so different? She felt her head give an ache right between her eyebrows and pinched the bridge of her nose.

 God, even just confusion with Marcello was painful. 

Sighing, she got up out of bed, stretching her arms above her head before padding over to her closet to pick out what to wear. 

Biting her lip, she surveyed her clothing and finally decided on a pale baby blue sundress that tightened around her waist and flared out to end just at mid-thigh along with a white cardigan.