Chapter 13

Here you go....I hope you enjoy.;) ily! You matter and you are important! 

***********************************

CHAPTER 13: Marcello blocked Sydney as bullets continued to rain down around them, her limp form making concern fill him. 

She would be fine, he had to make sure that everyone else was okay. 

Stacy hid under the table, her eyes wide as she held onto one of the large columns that held the table up. 

"Are you okay?" Marcello asked. 

She nodded, shaking. He turned his focus to his parents. 

Giovanni had grabbed Natalie and they were kneeling below the table just along with everyone else. 

Antony held little Hazel in his arms right next to where Julian and Layla were, the little girl screaming and crying as more glass rained down in dangerous diamonds around them. 

Layla reached out to sweep the little girl into her arms as she cried with relief that the little girl was okay. Finally the flurry of bullets that had burst the glass inward finally stopped. 

Giovanni grabbed his phone and spoke harsh, quiet words into the speaker, probably speaking to his guards to ask what the hell had happened. 

Finally, he turned back to Sydney.

 Antony had crawled over under the table to where she laid, propping her head up in his lap, gently stroking her hair back from her serene face, now that unconsciousness had claimed her. 

He had seen the little red dot right above her heart, almost insignificant at-first glance, and hearing his father yell had immediately made him jump into action.

 But she was still hurt. 

Giovanni stood, calling out to everyone who had obeyed his command to hit the ground as soon as the bullets started flying to say, "Okay everyone, I think it is safe now. I think everybody should go now, for their own safety. The only people that need to stay are Marcello and Antony." 

The friends and family eagerly agreed, nodding their heads, grabbing their things and rushing towards the foyer that led to the front door so that they could flee into the night. 

The only people who remained was Giovanni, Natalie, Layla, Ethan, Alice, Julian, Hazel, Stacy and Antonio. 

Everyone else was happy to leave what should have been a joyous occasion-a joyous occasion that ended in a hailing of bullets and glass. 

Alice crawled over on her hands and knees, sobbing as she got to where Sydney laid. 

Ethan was right behind her, wrapping his arms around her and cooing softly in her ear. Antony let Alice take his place, letting his little sister hold her best friend instead of him and Marcello watched as Alice cried.

 Fury pulsed within him, hot and burning with a raging fire, but also something as icy cold and silent that was equally as deadly in its severity. 

He wanted to reach out to hold Sydney. 

He wanted to caress her face and whisper in her ear that he would protect her, even if it meant with his own life, but then reality came crashing down around him. 

His fiancee sat behind him, so being everly-dutiful, he turned to her and let her catapult herself into his arms. 

"Oh, my love, I was so scared! What if I got hurt?! I cannot afford a scar with being a model!" Stacy cried annoyingly, putting his teeth on edge.