Chapter 22

Annnnnd here we go :) Getting closer and closer! This song, though. I think its perfect for this chapter. "She Knows by J. Cole slowed + reverb) def recommend! Anyways, lets get to it. I love you. dearly! I hope with all my heart that you enjoy. xoxox 

-Hannah

**********************************

CHAPTER 22: The days of the summer passed Sydney by in a blur of heartbreak and depression. The thing about heartbreak, is that while a part of you is hating the person, hating them for hurting you, hating them for not being the way they had shown themselves to be at first only to become someone you didn't recognize, hating them for not fighting harder for you, all the while still loving the person they made you believe you thought they were. 

Missing that person, missing their touch, missing their sweet words of affection and love, missing their kiss. 

How is it that you could love someone so much but also hate them with all of the pain they caused you? 

Sydney found that every time someone knocked on her and Alice's bedroom door or texted her phone, she found she was hoping that it was Marcello.

 Each time it happened, she would make scenarios in her mind of him coming into the room, getting to his knees and holding her hands in his, telling her what a huge mistake he had made. She imagined that she would get a text with him telling her that he realized she was the only one for him, that he was a fool and that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. 

But...the text never came...when she opened the bedroom door after hearing a knock, it was never him standing there. 

Just as entirely and completely he had consumed her life and been such a big part of it, he was now just a flower petal caught in a gust of wind that flew further and further away from her. 

It was as if he was never a part of her life in the way he had been at all even.

 He avoided her like the damn plague. He barely looked at her, barely acknowledged her presence. 

Each time he ignored her, it was like her heart was shattering and falling apart all over again. 

Had she even meant anything at all to him? 

Was she just a toy that he used and played with until he was bored of her?

 She had never felt so hurt, so used and so disappointed.

 Her heart was completely and entirely broken and each time she took in a breath of air, it hurt, like the broken shattered shards of her heart dug deeper into her chest wall. 

The worst part? 

She couldn't show or talk about how heartbroken she was because her best friend couldn't know about what had happened the past two years. 

So, she held it in, letting out her sobs and her tears when she was alone in her room or when she was in the shower and the water from the showerhead ran down her face and streamed down her face, mixing with the warm salty tears that poured from her eyes. 

The only indicator she had been crying were her red, puffy eyes and her nonexistent smile that had yet to show itself since that night that she and Marcello had met at what used to be their spot and where he broke her heart. 

Currently, she was curled up in bed, staring at a spot on the wall where the day's sun was slowly setting casting shadows of dark purple and rusty dim light oranges.