Chapter 5

Hi everybody! I am finally back with a new chapter. I've been working on this chapter for you guys and I am so excited for you to read it! I have a biopsy of the tumor next week to see if its cancer or not and thank goodness, for once, I'll be asleep when I am being poked and prodded with needles! I hope you guys are doing amazing! Also, this chapter is a little long--I hope thats okay! I hope you enjoy! I love you<3 -Hannah

*********************

CHAPTER 5: Sydney shot up from the bed, promptly smacking her head right into Antony's. Both let out a groan of pain.

Sydney grabbed at her head and stumbled from the bed, trying to shake off the pain like she saw in cartoons.

She looked up and lost her breath as effective as dunking her head in a bucket of icy cold water. She didn't understand how someone could be so breathtaking.

Marcello was as tall as ever, towering over her 5'10 frame and he looked as though he had been working out more, the black dress shirt he wore straining over the expanse of his shoulders.

She was surprised to see that he had a tattoo peeking out over the top of his left pectoral muscle.

From what she could tell it was big. His hair was still long, curling over and dusting his collarbone. He pushed it out of his face. He looked good, but he looked sad.

Tired.

Her heart ached.

He watched her like a hawk as she came to a stop in front of him, staring down at her like he couldn't take her in fast enough.

Like she was a sight for sore eyes.

Sydney shook her head.

You wish that was what it was.

He could be thinking about getting out of there as fast as he could for all she knew. "Marcello." She said, clearing her throat.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

First Antony and now him...what was up with that?

Marcello's eyes dragged up her legs, up the short dress she wore, up the neckline and then stopped.

His eyes went bright for a moment, shining with the gold that floated at the iris. His nostrils flared, and his hands clenched into fists.

Jaw tight, he slowly turned away from her to walk to the mini bar. He almost looked like he walked lazily and with a swagger that made her bite her lip, but she did notice the stiff set of his shoulders even then, as if he was holding onto his control with a thread.

She watched as he grabbed a small plastic baggy and then filled it with ice before he turned back to her. She crossed her arms self consciously over her chest as he came to stop mere centimeters in front of her.

She could reach out and touch him so easily.

Their eyes met as he cupped the side of her face, her neck and jaw in his hand and then brought up the little baggy with the other to hold it against the bruises there.

She took in a sharp breath at the feel of the iciness against her warm skin, feeling the plastic stick to her skin with the condensation. She let out a shaky breath, trying to get ahold of herself.

Best friend's brother...best friend's brother, she thought to herself repeatedly.

Marcello finally took his eyes from hers and it was like a spell had released her, the force of it so great she would've staggered if it wasn't from Marcello's hand keeping her in place.