Chapter 12

I looked at the lifeless mech's frame and noted all the details from how tall he was, how slender he was all the way down to how his pain was scratched, and chipped. 

A small glint caught my eye as I approached his frame and climbed up his leg and onto his chassis.

Some of the fainted red detailing was chipped and able to peel off. 

Once I got a hold of it, I carefully peeled it away, revealing the gold-like tan detailing underneath.

"His original colour is underneath the newer paint" A female voice spoke from behind me. 

"Seems that way" I replied as Arcee crouched at his side. 

"He looks so peaceful despite being offlined by his own brother" Arcee commented as I looked up at his face plating.

"Becausehe forgave Megatron" I said as I climbed onto his shoulder. 

"How do you know?"Arcee asked, genuinely curious. 

"Because he said so" I answered before lookingat the damage to the woods around us. 

"Your visions...they're memories..." Arceesaid, connecting the dots as I nodded.

"I believe so, we did find him here" I replied as she looked stunned. 

"Question is, why do I have his memories?" I added as she looked at me with a slightly confused yet curious expression.

We both went quiet as the words sunk in. 

I decided to break the silence as I tried to figure out when to call Optimus and Ratchet. 

"What was your relationship with him, Arcee?" I asked as she snapper her optics to me with a semi disgusted look.

"Not in that way" I corrected, watching with amusement as she relaxed. 

"Nothing really, enemies obviously. He was there when we found Cliff offlined and the mine collapsed" She answered sadly.

"I didn't see that one, sorry" I spoke, looking at her crestfallen expression. 

"I'm gonna check on Jack before I comm Optimus and Ratchet through, you going to be alright?" I asked as she looked away.

"Yeah, I'll be fine" She mumbled as she turned away and walked off a small distance. 

I sighed before calling Jack. "Andrew, what's wrong?" Jack answered almost immediately.

"Nothing's wrong, Jack. Just checking in before I call them both through" I informed him, hearing him sigh. 

"You better do it soon or they might do it themselves" Jack replied with a small voice. 

I thought for a second before telling him a small plan.

"Jack, I need you to plug your phone into the monitors, so they can see me. I'll talk to them beforehand" I stated as he voiced his understanding and hung up.

Raf and I had created a way for us humans to see the bot's through our phones with an app. 

Helpful in kidnapping situations and whatnot. 

My phone began to ring as I looked at it.

We had codenames for all of us, Mine being 'Galaxy' as most of my shirts/singlets were in galaxy print, Miko's being 'Slash', Raf's being 'Laptop', Jack was 'Crusher' because at the time of making our codenames, he was only talking about Sierra. 

And finally, the Autobot base was 'Robocars'. 

A suitable name if you asked me.

I answered the call and held my phone where they could see me but positioned myself so they couldn't see the mech I was currently sitting on. 

"Andrew, you found him?" Ratchet asked as the image fixed itself, so we could see each other. 

I sighed and nodded watching as they're faces lit up.

"Optimus, Ratchet...You need to keep an open mind" I spoke as they looked at me weirdly. 

"Why, Andrew?" Optimus questioned as we all looked at each other. 

"Because...he's very damaged right now" I answered.

"What do you mean, Andrew?" Both mechs asked. 

"I mean that, not even Ratchet's medbay, can fix this" I answered slowly, watching as they both realised what everyone else had ages ago.

"No..." Ratchet murmured as I watched sadly. 

"We're coming through" Optimus spoke before the call was ended. 

I placed my phone in my pocket and called out to Arcee who came back right as a groundbridge opened.

Optimus and Ratchet came out slowly, looking around before I called them both. 

As soon as they both look over at me, they both froze and stared at their brother and friend.

"I'm going back to base" Arcee spoke as she called for a bridge which one of the others must have made for her. 

I stayed on Andromeda's shoulder plating as both mechs slowly made their way over, both grieving in their own way.

"I'm sorry guys, I didn't want him to be found this way either" I spoke as they both placed themselves on the ground and looked at me and back at Andromeda's frame.

I looked at both their optics, the only way to tell what they were both thinking unlike the others and knew they were blaming themselves. 

I sighed and stood up.

"Don'tblame yourselves, alright? It's not your faults. He chose this path and he knewit was going to kill him" I stated as they both let out deep sighs.

"He died protecting us, how is that not our faults?" Ratchet spoke, his voice a sad growl. 

"Ratchet, he knew the consequences, he knew he could have escaped long ago but he didn't. He didn't blame you two for anything. He even forgave Megatron before he killed him! Do not blame yourselves!" I exclaimed, feeling the need to get it through their helms.

They both looked at me stunned as I straightened myself up. 

Both mechs were probably stunned due to just witnessing me yell at them as well as finding out that Andromeda was killed by Megatron, his own brother.

"Andrew..." Optimus trailed off as I stopped him. 

"I know he meant a lot to you both. But he wouldn't want you both sitting around him mopping, now would he?" I asked with a small smile as they both smiled sadly as well.

"No, he wouldn't" Optimus spoke as Ratchet sighed. 

"He's not gone, you know?" I spoke, Optimus and Ratchet both looking at me like I'd grown another head. 

"He's still here, as cheesy as it sounds" I added, holding a hand near my heart.

Both mechs smiled sadly at me and nodded before they both stood up. 

Ratchet gently grabbed me and placed me on my spot on his shoulder and Optimus carefully picked Andromeda's frame up and called for a groundbridge. 

Both walked through carefully and stopped on the other side when everyone turned to us.

Optimus sighed before carrying his lifeless brother into an empty room and placing him on the ground. 

No one wanted to ask the question of what are going to do with him? 

But it had to be asked, just not right now.

Ratchet had placed me down near the couch before he and Optimus both disappeared into their respective berthrooms and grieved the loss.