Chapter 2

"Andrew!" A loud deep voice called from the downstairs floor. Most likely coming from the kitchen.

I groaned in annoyance at being woken up at such an ungodly hour and trudged out of my room, abandoning my warm bed.

My hair was disheveled and more to one side - curtesy of sleeping on my side - , my neck aching with a stinging pain as I rubbed my hand over it. Even my pajama shorts were hanging weirdly at my waist from rolling in my sleep.

"Yes?" I asked groggily, leaning on the kitchen doorframe.

Before my guardian could answer, I spotted a steaming hot coffee on the bench with my name on it.

I, as quickly as I could, walked over and grabbed said coffee, sipping at first as my tongue burned from the warmth before slowly drinking confidently a little more.

"Get ready for school. I'll be dropping you off on my way through" The darker skinned man ordered, myself nodding in response, placing the heavenly drink on the bench and abandoning it to go change.

Quickly throwing on a galaxy printed shirt and discovering black jeans thrown in my cupboard as well, I check myself out in my door-lengthed mirror.

Once I was satisfied, I began packing my schoolbag of books, pencil case and my laptop - in case I had a new vision - before heading back downstairs.

My visions were somewhat weird and normal. I've had them for as long as I can remember, which is only a few months back.

"You sure took your sweet time" The army officer growled in annoyance as he watched me grab my still warm coffee and take a good sip.

"Sorry, I'm just not really looking forwards to today" I apologised, rubbing the back of my neck where the ache was before, quickly grabbing some painkillers and taking them.

"Too bad, you still have to attend school whether you want to or not, Andrew" William spoke whilst I rolled my indigo coloured eyes.

William huffed at my actions before leading me to his car, an army-based vehicle that I didn't care enough to really notice the model and making our way to my highschool.

"Thank you for the coffee, William. Have fun at work, I guess" I all but mumbled, knowing he's heard me when he grunted in agreement.

He pulled up at the school and allowed me to jump out before he sped off.

"Andrew!" An ecstatic female's voice called making me turn around instantly to catch the short Japanese exchange student as she leapt at me.

"Miko, how long have you been waiting for me?" I questioned with an eyebrow raised. 

She had once waited 2 hours for me to arrive, William having to do Army things so I was incredibly late. 

"Only a couple of minutes this time! Stop worrying so much!" She exclaimed joyously.

I rolled my eyes at her, the action becoming like circuitry as I faced the smallest of our group as he walked over.

"Good morning, Raf" I greeted as he pushed his glasses to their proper position.

"Morning, Andrew" He beamed giving me a small nod and a kind smile.

Raf always acted more mature than he should, being only twelve and acting like someone my own age.

I returned a small smile, which the young male knew was all he was going to get from me before we all turned to the last member of our group, Jack Darby, as he got off his dark blue motorbike.

"Hey guys" He greeted, taking his helmet off and placing it on the motorbike's handlebars and walking over.

Each of us greeted him in our own way before we all made our way inside of the school building. 

We had gone to a table in the lunch hall to wait for first period bell to sound and just conversed about random topics before Miko asked about my visions.

"Got any cool new animations for us Andrew?" She questioned, bouncing on her toes as she leaned over the table.

I hummed in thought before grabbing my laptop form my bag. "Only one today, Miko. It's just more fighting" I explained, showing her and the other two the small animations I had made.

In all honesty, the humans, Miko, Jack and Raf were watching, weren't actually...human in my visions...More like giant robotic beings. 

But I wasn't about to go and ruin my only true friendship by showing them something impossible, even if it felt so real.

"That's really cool, Andrew" Jack praised as he turned the laptop to me.

"Yeah, it's so realistic" Raf agreed, pushing his glasses up again as they slipped down his nose.

By "realistic", he meant how amazing the graphics and techniques were, not blood and gore. I knew Jack would sooner murder me than allow Raf to see such things.

"Thanks guys" I muttered before watching with a trace of amusement as my friends jolted at the sound of the bell.

With that, we all headed off to class, Jack and I sharing science  and walking together as Miko and Raf walked off to their own classes.

-Time Skip-

The bell for lunch had just gone allowing everyone to groan in relief and pack up, storming into the halls and heading to their groups to eat.

I joined the crowd before a rough hand caught the handle on the back of my bag.

"Where ya going, Andrew? Aren't ya hanging with us?" A male voice spoke, the tone edging on aggressive as it always is.

I turned and looked at the orange haired male with a fake smirk. "No, I was actually just about to go look for you" I spoke, hoping he was stupid enough to fall for the lie.

He smirked as well, placing a guiding handing on my bag and leading me to the others in his band of misfits standing in their usual spot near the lockers and pushing any unfortunate kid that came near.