Chapter 9

I looked up quickly and managed to catch a glimpse of black and purple armour as it disappeared from the edge.

"Soundwave" I spoke, Optimus turning and looking at where I was.

"Get back to base, quickly" He ordered making us all run through the groundbridge.

"What was he doing watching us?" Bulkhead asked once we came out the other side.

"Who was watching you?" Ratchet questioned after closing the groundbridge behind us.

"Soundwave" Optimus answered bluntly.

[Andrew was the one to spot him!] Bumblebee whirred excitedly, amazed that I managed to spot the Decepticon.

"Well, Andrew does have exceptional observational skills" Ratchet commented absentmindedly as he went back to his work, unbeknownst that everyone had frozen in shock.

"Did Ratchet...just praise...a human?" Arcee spoke all our thoughts as said Autobot realised what he had done and began spluttering.

Bulkhead chuckled as he walked over to Ratchet's side and looked at me as I wore a faint blush.

"It seems Andrew might be the one to cure Ratchet" He commented as he patted Ratchet on his shoulder.

"I am not diseased!" Ratchet exclaimed, returning to his normal grumpy self and ignoring everyone as we all chuckled at him quietly.

Ratchet was mumbling incoherent words under his breath as we all dispersed to our usual activities around the base.

---3rd PoV---

Soundwave had just arrived back at the Nemesis and was currently walking over to Megatron to show him his findings.

Said bot was currently in the control room, just staring out the windows and watching the planet beneath him.

"Lord Megatron" Starscream's, nail on a chalkboard, voice spoke causing the Warlord to snarl and turn around only to calm down at the sight of Soundwave approaching him. 

"What is it, Soundwave?" He asked as he continued to stare out the window.

"A new discovery- Lord Megatron" The Black and Purple mech answered as Megatron turned towards him. 

Without command, Soundwave immediately played the recording he took of Andrew as he ran after Miko.

"A new Autobot pet? How interesting" Megatron mumbled as the recording was terminated and he was left with the endless black visor of Soundwave's. 

"Find out everything you can about the human and bring him to me" Megatron snarled lightly as he turned back to the glass window's.

---Andrew's PoV---

"He was just standing there" I spoke, answering Optimus's previous question.

Ratchet had picked me up and placed me on his workstation as Optimus spoke to both of us.

"I fear that he may have informed Megatron of your presence with us, Andrew" Optimus stated as I nodded my head in agreement.

"I would not be surprised" I added as both Ratchet and Optimus hummed in agreement.

Optimus went to say something but was distracted by the ringtone of my phone, the song alerting me of who was calling as I let out a small groan of annoyance.

Jack looked over at me from the couch in asilent question as I nodded. 

He then got up and grabbed the phone from my bagand threw it to me, having a pretty accurate throw as I didn't have to do muchbut catch. 

"What's the problem Vince?" I answered, receiving a chuckle in response.

 "Just the fact that you aren't at this race" He sneered in a teasing manner. 

I suppressed a growl at his tone and spoke calmly, "You know, as well as anybody, that I do not do street racing" I stated making him groan in frustration.

"Whatever, you just don't want to lose tosomeone like me" He spoke, trying to make me worked up.

"Whatever you say, Vince, you're on your own" I spoke before hanging up on him.

I stared daggers at my phone before placing it in my pocket, not wanting to climb over to my bag and then all the way back.

"Why do you even hang out with that fleshy?" Bulkhead asked as he watched me.

I sighed before looking at him.

"I don't like him if that's what you mean. I'm only in his group to get him to lay off those three" I spoke, gesturing over at the three humans playing a video game. 

Bulkhead grunted his thanks to me as I smiled slightly and nodded back at him. 

"You shouldn't have to deal with that human" Ratchet commented as he was focussed on his work.

I inwardly smirked for some reason but didn't allow it to show and instead shrugged.

"If it keeps him off Raf, Jack and Miko, then I do not care" I spoke bluntly as I sat down, swinging my legs off the metal surface and just observing the base and everyone in it.

"Why do you place yourself in that position, Andrew?" Optimus asked as he bent slightly to look at me optic-to-eye. 

"Because they're my friends, and I don't like seeing my friends hurt" I answered, picking myself up and looking up at him. 

He wore a small smile at my braveness towards the situation but was still concerned for me, like Ratchet was. 

"Anyway, can I have a servo down, please?" I asked, Ratchet gently grabbing me and placing me near his pede carefully. 

"Thanks Ratchet" I spoke before bounding over to my bag up near the couch.

"Jack, did you complete the homework?" I asked him as I grabbed out my own book to complete it. 

The widening of his eyes and the dropping of his controller answered me as he jumped to his feet. 

"When's it due?" He asked hurriedly as I held a small smile. 

"Monday. You remember what to do?" I questioned as he nodded. 

"Alright, have fun with that" I spoke before grabbing a pencil and walking away and down one of the long hallways for some peace and quiet.

Once I reached my normal spot, I placed myself on the ground and began my Science homework. 

We were learning about Human DNA and how it works, how it's made and what it is made of as well as looks like.

I was pretty much in front of everyone in learning, so the homework was pretty much a breeze.

Just a few questions like, what does the double-helix look like? 

What are the names for the four DNA bases? 

And, what is DNA short for? 

Simple questions really.