Chapter 7

"Why are you both not in recharge?" Optimus asked, myself cocking and eyebrow at the last word before realising that it most likely meant sleep.

"I was working on these animations" Ratchet muttered as he turned back to the monitor and glanced at Optimus from the corner of his eye.

Optimus nodded before turning to me with a questioning gaze.

"Nightmare" I stated plainly, shrugging off the occurrence like it was nothing.

Optimus remembered the children talking about 'nightmares' and put two and two together.

"What was troubling about it" He asked curiously, hopeful that he could remedy it.

I smiled lightly at the thought before shrugging once again.

"It was simply a reoccurring vision is all. Much like the others, I have witnessed it several times" I informed him plainly, not finding the occurrence abnormal unlike the two Autobot's who believed otherwise.

"Which are these?" Ratchet asked, going into medic mode to get to the very bottom of my visions and hopefully finding his old friend.

Optimus nodded in agreement, egging me to continue causing me to sigh.

"Mainly where he is taken from you, Optimus, where Megatron, I guess, breaks him into submission and when Megatron orders him to eliminate you" I answered, pointing to the corresponding animations.

"Also, one where he is with you, Ratchet" I added, watching Optimus turn to the aforementioned bot who was now wearing a blue dust over his cheeks.

Optimus smiled lightly before looking back to the monitor and sighing.

"Any visions of him on Earth?" He asked making Ratchet hum.

"Only from past battles with us and some from the Nemesis" he stated as Optimus thought for a moment.

"When was the last time you encountered him?" I questioned curiously, the internal hope of meeting the bot my mind decided to solely focus on.

"When we saw him in battle...he allowed Optimus to live" Ratchet answered, looking a bit happier and determined.

"Ah, that one. Had it just a few days ago" I commented, a hand on my chin.

"Really?" Optimus asked making me nod in confirmation.

"He was alone, ordered to check on a mine when you, Arcee and Bumblebee cornered him. He managed to lose Arcee and Bumblebee but when you confronted him, he got the drop on you but, more or less, came to his sense when going for the killing blow" I added as I played it to myself.

. . .

Lord Megatron had just sent me to solve a dilemma the Miners had come to.

Venting as I took a groundbridge to said location, I quickly located the Miners and got to work.

"What appears to be the problem?" I asked the Miner awaiting my appearance.

"One of the drills broke and our only backup cracked the tip trying to get through some harder rock. We were hoping to get another from a nearby mine but we were not sure if we needed permission, Sir" He answered me making me shake my helm in amusement.

"Please, it's just Tracer" I said with a small chuckle, "And considering your dilemma, I'll have some Vehicons bring you another drill, perhaps two?".

"Thank you, Sir-Uh, I mean Tracer! W-We can always count on you!" The miner exclaimed excitedly making me raise a servo in an attempt to calm him.