Day Six (Afternoon)

Harper Coyle's P.O.V. (D4)

"Run!" Janice calls as she starts sprinting for the forest. Running. Of course. Like we didn't run enough yesterday. I dash after her, easily catching up.

"What's with you and running so much?" I ask.

"Look!" she points behind us.

I shoot a glance over my shoulder and see two tributes running after us from a distance. A better look show's the tributes to be none other than Sabrina and Wesley. I wonder where the other two are.

I take Janice's hand and pull her into a quicker pace. She has trouble keeping up, but I force her to keep going, even though my own legs are still sore from yesterday's marathon she made us run.

"Almost there!" I assure Janice as she struggles to keep up the pace.

It's so typical that when the arena changed, everyone that was on the island ended up in the worst spot possible, out in the open. We all appeared in this rocky valley that only had a few trees and bunches of grass for cover. Convenient. Now, we all need to run to the forest if we want to keep hidden. Why couldn't the Gamemakers do something nice for us for once, and make the forest on the same side of the arena that the island was on in the last arena? Is that too much to ask?!

I can see more tributes headed towards the forest, but they aren't concentrated on us. For the time being, anyways.

"Finally!" Janice gasps as we reach the cover of the trees. She doubles over, trying to catch her breath, while I scan the area for somewhere to hide and try to pull together a plan.

The two pursuing tributes are still a fair enough distance away for me to evaluate the situation.

The first thing that comes to mind is trees. Lots of them. We don't have enough time to climb any unfortunately...but maybe they can serve as another use...

"Janice, hide behind that tree and get out your sword," I order, pointing to the large trunk of an ash tree.

"But, Harper, I told you I can't use that sword!" she complains, but we don't have time to argue, so I unsheathe it for her and shove it into her hands and push her behind the tree.

I take out my trident and flatten myself behind another tree just opposite of Janice's.

"When I give the signal, attack!" I whisper. Janice bites her lip and shakes her head. I can see her hands trembling while she tries to hold the sword- the same type of weapon that killed Steve.

"Janice!" I whisper firmly, nodding, "You can do this."

She nods back. I carefully spare a quick peek around the tree, finding that Sabrina and Wesley have indeed reached the trees also. They're looking around for us, but also unknowingly walking into our trap.

They start walking right between the two trees we're hiding behind. That's when I give the signal and Janice jumps in their path, sword pointing at them. I run around my tree and come at them from the rear.

Sabrina laughs, "You think you can take both of us alone, little missy?"

"No, but I can with him," Janice smirks.

Then I plunge my trident into Sabrina's back. She releases a bloodcurdling scream that slices through the air. I pull the trident closer to me, pulling Sabrina with it until she's close enough for me to whisper into her ear, "Killing Steve was a big mistake."

Then I lift my trident slightly off the ground, with Sabrina still attached to it, and swing it around so hard that she flies off and hits a tree. She flops to the ground, but her blood is stained into the bark of the tree trunk.