Interview (Part Two)

Scarlett Salasi's P.O.V. (D7)

I wrap my arm around Fynn's arm as he escorts us onto the stage. Julius is waiting there for us, smiling as the crowd shouts our names. It's comforting to know that they like us. Maybe we have some sponsors.

"How are you two today?" Julius asks as the auditorium grows silent.

I nod as Fynn replies, "Great."

"We are all very impressed by both of your scores. Do you have anything to tell us about your scores?"

We shake our heads in sync, and Fynn says, "We aren't supposed to reveal what we did in our private sessions."

Julius nods, "Very true, you are. So Scarlett, might I ask why you volunteered? And then went and chose your brother? What's that all about?"

"Let's just say we were forced to do it. Our dad wanted us to play the Games because he feels that one of us will win this year," I reply, glancing at Fynn, who is staring off at the crowd.

"I see. Well I with you the best of luck, then!" Julius smiles and looks at Fynn, "Fynn, are you happy to be here?"

"First of all, what kind of a question is that? I mean, who in their right mind would actually be happy to be here? But as an answer to your obnoxious question, I am glad that I am here with Scarlett, but only because I wouldn't want Scarlett to be alone. I don't trust anyone here, and I certainly don't trust any of the tributes," Fynn answers in an almost irritated tone.

"So no allies for you, then?"

"Like I just said, I don't trust anyone," Fynn repeats, "And anyone who comes near me or my sister, will regret it."

Julius' eyes widen, "Well you're certainly going to make something interesting out of the Games. Hopefully I'll see one of you afterwards, but for now, I have to say goodbye. District Seven's Scarlett and Fynn Salasi, everybody!"

Julius holds up both of our hands as the crowd goes wild. Then Fynn turns around and pulls me off the stage behind him.

Emma Orton's P.O.V. (D8)

"Ready?" Dylan asks, taking my hand.

"As I'll ever be."

Then we walk onto the stage. The crowd amplifies their cheering as we reach Julius' side. I smile widely as Julius plants a soft kiss on the top of my hand.

"How lovely it is to meet you two!" Julius says, almost too loudly.

"Likewise."

"Emma, you volunteered! Let me tell you just how amazing that is to see from District Eight. Your District must be very proud," he says.

I laugh slightly, not knowing how else to respond to that, "Yeah, I just couldn't stop myself. As soon as Dylan's name got called, all I could think about was how I would never see him again, that was...unless I volunteered. So I did."

"Oh...how terrible," Julius remarks, but it doesn't seem very heartfelt. "Dylan, how do you feel about Emma doing the Games with you?"

"It's horrible," Dylan immediately replies, "I wouldn't even talk to her for the rest of the day after the Reapings. I didn't even want to see her. But I finally accepted what happened, and I'm ready to protect her the whole way to the end."

Julius sighs, "Truly heartbreaking."

He suddenly snatches our hands and raises them high in the air, "Give it up for Emma Orton and Dylan Harrison from District Eight!"